Blockchain, A.I., Robotics, Medical Genetics - “High-Tech is Our Focus,” Says GOP’s Filippi on LIVE
Thursday, January 03, 2019
“We should be focusing on artificial intelligence, blockchain development, robotics, medical genetics — high tech, bourgeoning industries is what we want to focus on,” said Filippi.
On Monday, House Democratic Majority Leader Joe Shekarchi told GoLocal’s Nagle he plans to introduce blockchain legislation in 2019.
Filippi, during his appearance, said he believes there’s room between the parties to “work across the aisle.”
“I think if you look at philosophical differences, there aren’t too many — especially among the progressive and libertarian wings of the parties — there are things we agree on, except maybe economics, said Filippi. “I think we agree everyone in this room wants to have more businesses come here, it’s just a difference as to how we do it."
"Many of my friends on the other side of the aisle want to have a corporate welfare style system of economic development, we espouse the belief that you need to reduce taxes on specific industries across the board so everyone can take advantage of the taxes and not just those of the connected lobbyists.”
Related Slideshow: PHOTOS: General Assembly Opening Session - January 1, 2019
- Filippi Submits Bill to Create More Transparency in RI Pension Fund Investments
- Rep. Morgan Elected House Minority Leader, Filippi Elected WHIP
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Blake Filippi: Supreme Court Implications for HealthSource RI
- Moore: Magaziner Must Embrace Filippi’s Pension Proposal
- Minority Whip Filippi Floats “Better” PawSox Plan
- Filippi Introduces Bill Increasing Protection for Data Breach Victims in RI
- NEW: Rep. Filippi Elected House Minority Leader, Chippendale Minority Whip
- Host of TLC’s “Brides Of Beverly Hills” Talks Honeymoon Trends on LIVE
- LIVE: Downtown Neighborhood Association’s Annual Meeting and Accomplishments
- Fuerza Laboral’s Figueroa on Launch of Healthy Planet Cleaning Cooperative on LIVE
- New RWU Latino Policy Institute Director Betancur on Bringing Community to Table, on LIVE
- Perry of Kindred Community Acupuncture Discusses Connecting People on GoLocal LIVE’s Business Monday
- Pawtucket Wintertime Farmers Market On LIVE
- “Chopped” Winner Dunn to Join GoLocal LIVE at 3 p.m.
- Kleo’s Owner Lynch Talks Mediterranean Flavors on LIVE