GoLocal LIVE Nutrition: The Skinny on Fats
Tuesday, March 07, 2017
All Foods Nutrition says fats aren’t necessarily making you fat.
Hirshberg says fat in our food doesn’t mean fat in our body, and eating some types of fats are good for you.
This week, Hirshberg says some fats like polyunsaturated fats and monounsaturated fats are good for your heart. Avocados, nuts, olive oil and other plant based fats are good places to get healthy fats.
Non-heart healthy fats are saturated fats and trans fatty acids. Hirshberg says you want to keep these minimal.
“Limit the amount of animal fats and try to eat more plant fats,” Hirshberg says as a basic message.
- LIVE: Audubon Brings an Amazing Owl to GoLocal
- LIVE: Luca + Danni Could Be One of RI’s Fastest Growing Companies in 2017
- LIVE: Rose Weaver Joins Molly O’Brien
- LIVE: Organizing and Efficiency Expert MacRae Talks About 3 Hour Projects
- LIVE: Providence Preservation Society Talks Restoration and Winter Bash
- LIVE: What to Expect for the Return of StyleWeek NorthEast
- LIVE: The Lady Project Expands Across United States
- LIVE: Six Ways Being Organized Can Help You Lose Weight
- LIVE: What’s Old is New Again At the Providence Flea
- LIVE: Rhode Island’s Oscar Potential
- LIVE: Wickford Pop Up Art Show Inspired by Women’s March On Washington
- LIVE: Artisanal Cocktails, Mixing Up The Gold Finch
- LIVE: Organize and Energize - Make Life Less Chaotic
- LIVE: Dickinson, Former Asst AG & GoLocal’s Attorney Discusses Raimondo’s 38 Studios Announcement
- LIVE: Crowdwire Social Media Exit Poll
- WATCH LIVE: Donald Trump Inauguration
- LIVE: Downtown Developer & Former Providence Mayor Paolino Talks Panhandling with Nagle
- LIVE: Gender Equality In Rhode Island Could Re-Shape Politics
- LIVE: Saul Kaplan Talks the Innovation of RI Government Tech
- LIVE: Rep. Lombardi Slams Parking Meters and Impact on Small Businesses
- LIVE: PC Prof’s Research Shows Roads are Changing Plant and Animal Evolution
- LIVE: Morgan Talks Trump, Corporate “Social Welfare” and Legislative Agenda
- LIVE: Trudy Coxe Talks Tourism and the Future of Preserving the Past