American Airlines Adds Nonstop Flight to Miami From T.F. Green
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
Rhode Island Airport Corporation has announced that American Airlines has added a new nonstop flight from T.F. Green to Miami.
“We are extremely excited about American’s decision to bring additional service to Rhode Island. Our business community and certainly our leisure travelers will benefit from the convenience of this non-stop flight to Miami,” said Iftikhar Ahmad, president, and CEO of the Rhode Island Airport Corporation.
The flights will begin on December 19, 2018, and will offer daily flights through April 1, 2019, with the exception of January 6 through February 14 when five weekly flights will operate.
“The introduction of service from Providence to American’s Miami hub is a big win for those looking for an escape this winter. With this new route, we are now able to connect people to hundreds of destinations around the world; including unprecedented access to our gateway to Latin American and the Caribbean,” said Tyler Duvall, American’s general manager for Providence.
American Airlines and American Eagle offer an average of nearly 6,700 flights per day to nearly 350 destinations in more than 50 countries.
The Miami hub operates 341 daily flights that serve 130 destinations in 43 countries and territories including; Canada, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, Mexico, South America and the U.S.
Other nonstop destinations that American Airlines operates from T.F. Green Airport (PVD) include Charlotte, Washington, DC, Chicago, and Philadelphia. This Miami service will be provided on an Airbus 319 which features eight seats in First Class, 24 seats in Main Cabin Extra with more legroom, and 96 seats in Main Cabin, in addition to more entertainment options and power outlets in every seat.
Related Slideshow: New Direct Flights from T.F. Green Globally - Updated January, 2019
Providence to Ponta Delgada, Azores (Runs on Fridays from June 8 Through September 28)
- NEW: TF Green Airport Ready for RI’s Thanksgiving Travel
- NEW: JetBlue Celebrates First Flights In and Out of TF Green Airport
- JetBlue Celebrates First Flights In and Out of TF Green Airport
- Don’t Miss ‘Jet Pull’ at TF Green for Multiple Sclerosis
- A LIVELY EXPERIMENT - TF Green Renovations Pt. 2
- ‘Interlink’ Opens at TF Green Airport
- REPORTS: Jet Blue Coming to TF Green
- White’s LOOKOUT RI: TF Green Expansion May Fuel Europe Connection
- RI’s Jet Pull For MS Takes Off This Saturday At TF Green Airport
- Frontier Airlines Expanding TF Green Service to Six More Cities—$39 Fares
- TF Green Airport Announces Addition of 2 American Airlines Flights to Chicago
- Robert Whitcomb’s Digital Diary: Shrinking New England, TF Green Spark & Banking with Trump
- RI Airport Corp. to Allow Uber Drop-Offs to Continue at TF Green
- VIDEO: Frontier Airlines Begins Flights at TF Green Airport—Eight Direct Flights
- TF Green’s Passenger Count Increases 21% Year Over Year
- Frontier Airlines is Coming to TF Green, Another Big Win for RI Airport
- FAA Has Approved Norwegian Air for TF Green, $69 Fare to Ireland One Step Closer