Twin River Unveils $75 Million Tiverton Proposal
Tuesday, November 10, 2015
Twin River unveiled the details of its proposed casino in Tiverton on Monday before the Tiverton Town Council. The new facility leverages the company’s the Newport Grand gaming license, proposes expansion to table games and relocation to Tiverton. The new facility claims that by 2020, it will generate between $127 million and $147 million in annual gaming revenue.The new facilities comes after months of meeting between the leadership of the gaming company and members of the public.
The new design reflects what the residents of the Town of Tiverton voiced to John Taylor, CEO of Twin River Management Group (TRMG) heard from residents.
Overwhelming Input - keep the scale proportional to the towns' character. The proposed the facility includes building an 84-room hotel. The total claimed investment is $75 million.
TRMG owns and manages Twin River in Lincoln, Newport Grand, a casino in Mississippi, as well as a Colorado horse racetrack that possesses 13 OTB licenses.
The details as provided by TRMG:
• Total Acreage -- 45
• Developable Acreage – 23
• Surface parking – 1,100 Customer Parking Spaces
200 Employee Parking Spaces
• Total Area: ~ 85,000 sf
• Gaming Floor ~ 38,000 sf:
Slot Machines – 1,000
Table Games – 32 (blackjack, roulette, craps, etc.)
• Food & Beverage – 15,500 sf
Bar with entertainment stage
Sit-down restaurant – owner operated Take-away restaurants – 2-3 branded third party Total F&B Seating Capacity -- 290
• Other Amenities include:
Smoking and non-smoking sections
Connected hotel and casino Covered Porte Cochere Retail logo store
Players reward center
• Back of House and Support – 32,000 sf
• Employment – 525-600 licensed employees; 350-400 FTEs
• Separate hotel lobby in casino entry
• Guest Rooms – 84 Rooms
• Meeting Space – 3 Rooms
• Food & Beverage – breakfast room only
• Small Fitness Center
• Total Area: 53,000 sf DESIGN ELEMENTS
Inspired by the local historical shoreline context and recent buildings built in the 1 area that have successfully bridged time, creating a facility which is comfortable, familiar and modern.
• All public facing elements – entry and public parking – face northwest, away
from residential areas
• Casino and hotel not visible from surrounding roads
• Community input shaped the design of the facility
• Nature walks and wetland overlooks
$75MM which includes site work, construction of hotel and casino, land costs and other project expenses
Related Slideshow: How Do Twin River Casino and Plainridge Park Casino Match Up?
With Plainridge Park Casino opening in Plainville, MA, GoLocal looked into how the new facility will measure up against Twin River Casino in Lincoln, RI.
1.) Payout Percentage: How much of each dollar spent is won back by a customer.
Number of Slot Machines
Twin River: 4,500
Plaindridge Park: 1,200
Twin River has nearly four times the number of slot machines that Plainridge Park has available.
Photo courtesy of: Flickr/Raging Wire
Number of Table Games
Twin River: 80
Plaindridge Park: 50
Twin River offers 30 more table options than Plainridge Park, including poker, blackjack, craps, and more.
Photo courtesy of Flickr/Images Money
Twin River: 90.845%
Plaindridge Park: N/A
The data for Plainridge Park will come out in the coming months, but Twin River's customers won back 90.845% of their money in May of 2015.
Photo courtesy of Flickr/Jessie Hodge
Twin River: 300,000
Plaindridge Park: 106,000
Twin River's facility is nearly triple the size of Plainridge Park's and neither is limited to gambling areas.
The former has an event center, a cigar bar, and more. The latter has several restaurants and a horse track.
Number of Hotel Rooms
Twin River: None
Plaindridge Park: None
Neither Twin River or Plainridge Park currently offer hotel accomodations for their customers. Instead, they suggest to search for nearby options.
However, plans to build a hotel at Twin River were approved in March of 2015 by the RI House of Representatives. A date for when construction would be finalized has not been announced.
Number of Restaurants
Twin River: 2
Plaindridge Park: 2
While both facilties offer food court options, each has two prominent dining locations.
Twin River: 2007
Plaindridge Park: 2015
Twin River's grounds were first established when Lincoln Downs was built in 1947. It officially became known as Twin River Casino in March of 2007.
The casino at Plainridge Park has just been finalized, but the facility first opened in 1999 as a racetrack.
Twin River: Twin River Event Center
Plaindridge Park: Revolution 1776 Lounge
Twin River's 29,000 square foot venue will play host to Whitesnake on July 24 and Boz Scaggs on August 1.
The Revolution 1776 Lounge will welcome Thirty 6 Red on June 25, Bon Jersey on June 27, and Shattered on June 28.
Hours of Operation
Twin River: 24/7
Plainridge Park: 24/7
Both casinos are open all day all year long, providing customers with the opportunity to win money at any hour of the day.
- Russell Moore: Make Twin River A Destination Resort Casino
- NEW: Twin River CEO Responds to Plainville Slots Parlor Approval
- REPORT: FitchRatings Warns of Impact on Twin River
- How Do Twin River Casino and Plainridge Park Casino Match Up?
- Will Twin River Ruin Tiverton? Is the Oil Refinery Being Revisited?
- NEW: Twin River Casino to Add 14 Table Games, 90 Jobs
- NEW: Twin River Worldwide Holdings to Acquire Casino in Biloxi, MS
- Shipyard Pub to Open at Twin River this November
- Twin River Announces Intention to Move Newport Grand to Tiverton
- Live Table Games Open at Twin River
- Frampton and the Doobies Rock Twin River
- RI State Report: Twin River, CPR Certification + Drunk-Driving Loophole
- MUSIC: ZZ Top Rocks Twin River
- Twin River Casino Explores Hotel Project, Informs Lincoln
- NEW: Newport Anti-Casino Group Responds to Newport Grand Sale to Twin River
- BREAKING: Paolino Selling Newport Grand to Twin River Parent Company
- Lean Gov’t, Marijuana, and a Twin River Hotel: This Week at the State House
- Twin River Announces Acquisition of Newport Grand
- NEW: Twin River to Host Gala to Celebrate Table Games Tonight
- John Hazen White’s LOOKOUT: Rhode Island Needs to Talk Twin River
- Resignations, A Hotel for Twin River, & a “Tip Wage” Rally: This Week at the State House
- RI State Report: EDC Overhaul + Twin River Table Games
- Worcester Slot Casino Unveiled - A Threat to Twin River?