Jackie & JFK’s Newport Wedding Brought to Life With Return to Camelot Presentation
Thursday, July 06, 2017
Starting on July 11 and running through October, The Return to Camelot presentation features vintage film clips and a live performance of the music and hymns from the wedding ceremony and the ‘first dance’ song at the reception at Hammersmith Farm, Jackie’s childhood summer home in Newport.
“We realized Newport’s many summer tourists have an avid interest in visiting the historic church and learning more about the Kennedy wedding, however, we cannot leave it open and unattended do to safety issues. Therefore, the 45 minute presentation is being offered to allow visitors to tour the church afterwards, view pew #10, where Jack and Jackie subsequently prayed when attending mass when visiting Newport and kneel on the very kneelers used during their wedding ceremony,” said Father Kris Von Maluski, pastor at St. Mary’s.
All proceeds from the presentation go to the restoration of St. Mary’s choir loft and newly refurbished Casavant pipe organ.
For more information or tickets click here.
Related Slideshow: 25 Things to Look Forward to in New England This Summer - 2018
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival
The Burlington Discover Jazz Festival takes place from June 1 to June 10 in downtown Burlington, Vermont.
This 10 day celebration features four stages with free live music from Leslie Odom Jr. and more. The festival also will feature local food and much more.
For more information, click here.
Taking a Cruise on a Windjammer
Head to Maine and sleep aboard a National Landmark, the Maine Windjammer Fleet.
Go on a three, four or six-day cruise and get closer than ever before to wildlife like whales, eagles, and porpoises while you see some of the best coastal scenery that North America has to offer.
After a successful first festival, the PVDFest returns to Providence for the third year and will take place from June 7 to June 10.
The festival will bring in art, music, performances and more from all over the United States and the world for the free outdoor festival.
Catching a Worcester Bravehearts Game
Year after year, the Worcester Bravehearts are one of the best baseball teams in New England.
They bring in some of the best college talent from across the region to compete for the Futures League Championship.
Don't miss a game.
Visiting Cape Playhouse Theatre
Taking a ride to Cape Cod and visit the oldest summer theatre in the country, Cape Playhouse. Cape Playhouse was first opened in 1927 by Raymond Moore.
The theatre has been home to some of the biggest stars to ever grace a stage like Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart amongst others.
Enjoying the South County Hot Air Balloon Fest
There is nothing quite like the Hot Air Ballon Fest. This is the place to enjoy glowing hot air balloons, crafts, music, food, fishing, carnival rides, fireworks, and more.
The festival will be held from July 20-22 on the URI athletic fields.
Participating in the Worcester World Cup 2018
The 2017 Worcester World Cup is set to take place from Friday, August 10 to Sunday, August 12.
The Worcester World Cup is more than a soccer tournament. It's a celebration of Worcester and a safe, friendly family event that people look forward to all year.
Newport Jazz Festival
The 2018 festival is set to take place from Friday, August 3 to Sunday, August 5.
The festival will show off over 50 individual jazz ensembles on four stages including performances at the International Tennis Hall of Fame and Fort Adams State Park.
Seeing a Movie at the Rustic Drive-In
Look forward to Calling up your friends, pack a picnic, and sit in your car as feature films are projected on giant outdoor screens.
The audio plays right through your radio, so be sure to turn the volume up high as you snack on your candy and popcorn.
Zip Lining in the Berkshires
Looking for something new and exciting? Head to the Berkshires and get yourself on a zip line, maybe even do a canopy tour.
There are three different tour options, starting with the base area tour which lasts an hour or the Moutain Top or Valley Jump tour which takes three hours. Both of those are sure to shoot some adrenaline into your day.
The Little League World Series
While the Little League World Series does not take place in New England, the series is arguably the marquee sporting event of the summer.
There will be a New England team in it this year and therefore, the Little League World Series is always something to look forward to
Catching a PawSox Game at McCoy
Nothing says summer time like sitting at McCoy Stadium and watching a Pawtucket Red Sox game.
While the PawSox are already in action, the weather is getting warmer and it will be much more comfortable to go out to a game.
Billy Joel at Fenway Park
For the 5th consecutive year, rock and roll legend Billy Joel will play Fenway Park.
Billy Joel released his first hit song, arguably still his biggest hit, Piano Man in 1973 and since then has become the 6th best-selling recording artist and the third best-selling solo artist in the United States.
Joel was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1992 and then the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1999.
- Hamilton Star Odom Jr. Coming to Newport Jazz Festival
- 7 Rhode Islanders File to Run for Senate District 13 in Newport and Jamestown
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Newport Flower Show + The Art of Listening + Grandchildren
- Would You Take the Providence-Newport Ferry for $50?
- Nine Former Newport Gulls’ Players Picked in First 10 Rounds of MLB Draft
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 9, 2017
- Pasta Beach’s Ropolo Announces Opening of a New Larger Location in Newport on LIVE’s The Taste
- UPDATED: Blue Cross of RI Asks for Double Digit Rate Increase and Sponsors Newport Polo
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 2, 2017
- Preservation Society of Newport Names Dubé-Scherr Director of Museum Affairs
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Polo Tailgating + What to Say About Dyed Hair + Curb Your Dog
- Republican Organizer Vargas on Providence Politics, Newport Senate Race, and More
- Fashion Icon Iris Apfel Coming to Newport on June 22
- Newport Jazz Fest Offering Discounted Tickets for Local Residents Through July 4
- Newport’s Florez Taps Controversial Prov Politico to Run His Campaign for Senate
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 30, 2017
- Newport Arboretum Teams With Salve Regina to Host Summer Landscape Series
- Newport Historical Society to Put on Reenactment of 1777 British Occupation
- RI’s Kiel James Patrick Talks About Building an American Brand and the Newport Flagship Store
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 23, 2017
- Kiel James Patrick Opens Flagship Store on Historic Bowen’s Wharf in Newport
- LIVE: Celebrating Father’s Day in Newport
- 10 Great Things to do in Newport This Weekend - June 16
- Newport Manners & Etiquette: Mens Short-Shorts, Unrequited Love & Wedding Invitation Etiquette
- Newport’s Sailors for the Sea Named Environmental Innovator of the Year