video: URI Football Falls in Heartbreaker to #14 Elon 35-34
Sunday, October 22, 2017
The Rams drop to 1-6 on the season, while Elon improves to 6-1 on the year.
Rams Drop Heartbreaker
With Elon leading 35-34, URI’s Myles Ross intercepted a pass from Elon quarterback Davis Cheek in URI’s end zone with 3:59 left to play in the game.
Starting from their own 20-yard line, quarterback JaJuan Lawson connected with Khayri Denny for 13 yards and Isaiah Coulter for nine yards to get the ball to the Rhode Island 42-yard line.
Lawson would hit back-to-back passes to Marven Beauvais to bring the Rams to the Elon 33-yard line.
On second-and-10, Lawson and Denny connected again for 12 yards, and a Lawson 4-yard run got the Rams in the red zone.
However, on third-and-6 from the Elon 17, Elon’s Warren Messer came up with an interception with 28 seconds left, clinching the sixth straight win for Elon.
The Rams return to action on Saturday, October 28 when they visit Albany.
Game time is set for 1 p.m.
Related Slideshow: RI Teams To Win National Championships
PC Basketball 1960-61 NIT
The Providence College Friars won the National Invitation Tournament(NIT) in 1961, defeating St. Louis 62-59 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At this time, the NIT was considered to be the National Championship of College Basketball.
The Friars were led by Vinny Ernst and James Hadnot that season.
PC Women's Cross Country
The 1995 Providence Friars won the programs first NCAA title. On the way, PC won their first BIG EAST and ECAC Championships.
Head Coach Ray Treacy was named NCAA Division I Women's National Coach of the Year, BIG EAST Men's and Women's Coach of the Year, Rhode Island Words Unlimited Women's Coach of the Year and NCAA District I Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year.
Brown Women's Crew '99
Brown women's crew won the first NCAA Division I Championship in Brown University History by defeating the University of Virginia by a three-second margin at lake Natoma in California.
Brown also won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the Ivy Championship, setting a new course record in the process.
Photo courtesy of Brownbears.com
Brown Women's Crew 2000
Brown repeated as national Champions in 2000, beating the University of Washington by 3.9 seconds four points.
In addition, Brown's varsity and second varsity won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the IVY league Championship.
Both teams went undefeated on the season.
URI Women's Sailing 2011
The URI Women won the programs first National Championship in small boat sailing in the 79 year history of the program and hoisted the Gerald C. Miller Memorial Trophy at the Sperry Top-Sider/Intercollegiate Sailing Association Women’s National Championship.
The Rams won the title as a club team and were one of two club teams competing for the title. The other club team was Western Washington, who finished 17.
Photo courtesy of uri.edu
PC Hockey 2015
The Providence College Friars won the 2015 NCAA Ice Hockey National Championship, defeating Boston University 4-3 at the TD Garden.
The Championship is the first in the program's history and only the third NCAA National Title in Providence College History.
PC goatender Jon Gillies was named Most Outstanding Player.
- URI Football Alum Kevin Mustac Saves Child’s Life With Bone Marrow Donation
- 2 URI Football Players Arrested, Charged With Assault and Disorderly Conduct
- URI Football Set for 2016 Season
- Brown & URI Football Set for 35th Governor’s Cup Game
- URI Football Falls 35-0 to Villanova
- URI Football Falls 27-17 to Maine
- URI Football Looks to Bounce Back vs. Albany
- Brown, URI Football Grab the Spotlight
- URI Football Kick Beats #19 William & Mary
- URI Football To Stay In CAA
- URI Football Set to Kick Off 2015 Season vs Syracuse
- URI Football Has Its Worst Loss Ever - Crushed 84-7
- URI Football Snaps 23 Game Road Losing Streak, Beat Elon 44-14
- URI Football Looks to Upset #15 New Hampshire on ESPN3
- URI Football Earns First Ever Win Over Harvard 17-10
- Brown, URI Football Set for 102nd Governor’s Cup Game - Under the Lights
- URI Football Wraps Up 3-Game Road Trip at Maine on Saturday
- URI Football Set to Host Harvard on Saturday
- URI Football Hosts Stony Brook to Open Conference Play
- SPECIAL REPORT: URI Football’s Losing Legacy and the Threat of Concussion Litigation
- Governor’s Cup Game Between Brown & URI Football to be Played at Night
- URI Football Set to Open 2017 Season Against Central Michigan, Play on ESPN3
- URI Football Loses 30-27 Triple OT Heartbreaker to Central Michigan
- URI Football Hosts #14 Elon on Homecoming Weekend