Revolution Fall to Columbus 1-0
Sunday, May 20, 2018
New England Revolution fell 1-0 to the Columbus Crew on Saturday night at Gillette Stadium.
“Disappointed we lost at home. We don’t like doing that once, especially not twice in a season. It was a kind of ugly game and ugly weather, ugly night, and little details – a set piece; you hate to lose on that. It felt like a game that was going to come down to [that], we had a couple chances on our set pieces. We’ll kick ourselves for the lack of – we weren’t switched on for every single moment of the game,” said Revolution goaltender Matt Turner after the game.
The loss drops the Revolution 5-4-2 overall, while Columbus improves to 7-3-3.
Crew Edge Revolution
With the game still scoreless, Columbus’ Lalas Abubaker found the back of the net in the 85th minute to put the Crew up 1-0.
The Revolution fired six shots on net in the game, but were unable to score.
The Revolution return to action Saturday, May 26 when they travel to Vancouver to take on the Whitecaps.
Game time is set for 5:30 p.m.
- Revolutionizing Fitness, P90X Creator Tony Horton on LIVE
- Revolution Fall 1-0 to D.C. United
- Kamara’s Hat Trick Leads Revolution Past Orlando 4-0
- Nguyen’s Goal Lifts Revolution Over Montreal 1-0
- Bunbury’s Goal Lifts Revolution to 1-0 Win Over Vancouver
- Revolution Fall 4-1 to Chicago Fire
- Newport Historical Society to Host American Revolution Walking Tour
- Bunbury’s 2 Goals Lift Revolution Over Galaxy 4-3
- Revolution to Host 3rd Annual Bowl for a Goal at Splitsville Luxury Lanes
- Kamara’s 2 Goals Lift Revolution Past Philadelphia 3-0
- Revolution Fall 3-1 to Sporting KC, Remain Winless on Road
- Revolution Fire Head Coach Jay Heaps
- Revolution Blank Houston 2-0
- Revolution, New York City FC Play to 2-2 Draw
- Revolution Fall 1-0 to FC Dallas
- Revolution, Columbus Crew Play to 2-2 Draw
- Revolution Fall to Montreal 4-2
- Revolution Fall to Philadelphia 2-0 in Season Opener
- Revolution Beat Toronto FC 2-1 in Final Minutes
- Revolution Fall to Orlando City FC 6-1
- “Chopped” Winner Baldini on LIVE: “There’s a Revolution of Food and Technology”