REPORT: PawSox To Be Sold To Some Red Sox Owners
Friday, November 28, 2014
"It's too premature for us to comment on this" said the Pawtucket Red Sox in a statement on Friday, November 28.
The Pawtucket Red Sox are currently run by President Mike Tamburro and Vice President and General Manager Lou Schwechheimer. The team has won two of the last three International League Championships under their leadership and has become a model minor league franchise.
It is unknown as to whether or not the current PawSox front office will stay in place or if new ownership will make changes and bring in their own staffing.
If they are sold, they would be the second minor league franchise to be bought by Red Sox ownership, joining the Salem Red Sox of the Carolina League.
- Pawsox Beat Knights To Take 1-0 Series Lead
- Pawsox claim Governor’s Cup title
- Pawsox quest for national championship falls short
- Pawsox To Hire Gary DiSarcina
- Pawsox: Playoffs trump development this time around
- Gotta Have Sole Pairs with PawSox for Fundraiser
- NEW: General Assembly to Honor PawSox Legend Mondor
- 5 Long Weekend Musts: PawSox at McCoy & More
- Citizens Bank Donates to RI Food Bank for Every PawSox Strike-Out
- The PawSox Do The Harlem Shake
- Pawsox Prepare to Defend Governors’ Cup
- Pawsox name Boles new manager
- NEW: PawSox Name Josh Maurer as New Radio Voice for 2014
- PawSox Send Ranaudo, Vasquez to All-Star Game
- PawSox Win Championship
- Pawsox manager DiSarcina heads to the majors
- Pawsox season ends with loss to Durham
- Pawsox Take Game One in Fight for Cup
- Bulls square series with Pawsox
- Pawsox drop 14-inning game to Durham
- PawSox Rewarded for Community Service