PawSox Name Flemming New Radio Play-by-Play Man
Friday, March 20, 2015
Pawtucket Red Sox have named Will Flemming as their new radio voice for the 2015 season. Flemming will join Josh Maurer as the duo will broadcast all 144 PawSox games on 920 WHJJ and the 12-station PawSox Radio Network.
“From the day I started broadcasting baseball, I dreamed of the day I could become a part of what everyone recognizes as an incredible broadcasting legacy in Pawtucket. I eagerly accept the responsibility that comes with working for such a storied franchise and its loyal fan base, and I’m excited to work alongside my friend Josh Maurer," said Flemming.
Will Flemming has almost a decade of play-by-play experience in a wide range of sports. Flemming has spent the last three baseball seasons as the play by play voice of the Indianapolis Indians. Flemming has also called several NCAA Championships for Turner Sports over the last three years, including baseball, hockey and basketball.
While broadcasting all 144 PawSox games, Flemming will also continue the the PawSox blog, PawSox podcast and social media as well as new content to pawsox.com.
Flemming lives in Washington, D.C. during the baseball off-season with his wife Jennifer.
- REPORT: PawSox To Be Sold To Some Red Sox Owners
- David Brussat, Dr. Downtown: The Red Sox and the PawSox
- Jencunas: Providence PawSox Stadium - Boon or Bust?
- Moore: Will PawSox Move be a Sweetheart, Insider Deal?
- The Ten Biggest Questions Facing the PawSox Coming to Providence
- City Councilors Make Pitch for PawSox to Come to Worcester
- New Owners Don’t Rule Out Public Funding For New Providence PawSox Stadium
- Pawtucket Mayor Says PawSox Move is “Devastating”
- Leaders Make the Case for PawSox to Stay in Pawtucket
- Russ Moore: Raimondo’s First Test, Keep The Pawsox in RI
- NEW: City Council President Aponte “Excited” at Prospect of PawSox Coming to Providence
- RI GOP: $450 Million Spent on Convention Center Red Flag for PawSox Deal