Tom Brady’s Suspension is Overturned
Friday, September 04, 2015
"Based upon the foregoing and applicable legal authorities, the cour hereby denies the Management Council's motion to confirm the Award and grants the Players Association's motion to vacate the Award, thereby vacating the four-game suspension of Tom Brady, effective immediatley," said Judge Richard Berman in a statement.
Judge Berman continued in his statement " The Award is premised upon several significant legal deficiencies, including (A) inadequate notice to Brady of both his potential discipline (fourgame suspension) and his alleged misconduct; (B) denial of the opportunity for Brady to examine one of two lead investigators, namely NFL Executive Vice President and General Counsel Jeff Pash; and (C) denial of equal access to investigative files, including witnessinterview notes."
Judge Berman's ruling does not put an end to deflategate neccessarily, as the NFL can still appeal but it will likely not be heard before the Patriots week one game.
New England Patriots
The New England Patriots are set to play thier final preseason game at Gillette Stadium tonight against the New York Giants.
The Patriots open the regular season on Thursday, September 10 when they host the Pittsburgh Steelers after raising the 2014 Super Bowl Championship banner.
- Mass State Police Investigating Patriots’ Brandon Spikes for Hit and Run
- Patriots Gronkowski’s Family Feud Episode to Air on July 19
- Patriots Sign Gostkowski to 4 Year, $17 Million Deal
- GoLocalTV: Brady’s Future Uncertain as Patriots Begin Camp
- NEW: Patriots Release Brandon Spikes Amidst Police Investigation
- NEW: Kraft, Patriots to Accept Deflategate Penalties
- Patriots Gronkowski Responds to Deflategate
- NEW: Wells Report Released, Claims Patriots, Brady Cheated
- NEW: NFL Statement and Letters to Brady, Patriots Regarding Deflategate
- Patriots Sign Veteran QB Matt Flynn
- NEW: Patriots Release Wells Report Rebuttal
- Patriots Place LaFell, Easley and Slater on PUP List
- New England Patriots Statement on Brady Suspension
- Is the Patriots’ New Fantasy Sports Lounge a Gaming Venue?
- Patriots Set for Joint Practice with Saints in West Virginia
- Patriots Come Back to Beat Saints 26-24
- Patriots Sign Receiver Reggie Wayne to One-Year Deal
- 5 Takeaways From the Patriots 17-16 Preseason Win Over Carolina