NEW: Star Hockey Recruit to Enroll at Providence College
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
The 17-year-old Jankowski was selected 21st overall by the Calgary Flames, and originally planned to in the United States Hockey League for the Dubuque Fighting Saints before enrolling at Providence for the fall of 2013.
Providence held a scholarship open for the 6-foot-2 Ontario native in case he decided to enroll a year earlier, and the move appears to have paid off. The Friars hope Jankowski can help them become more competitive in the brutal Hockey East conference that features perennial powers such as reigning national champion Boston College.
- 1997 Elite Eight Friars Reminisce
- Friars, Rams have history…but do they have a future?
- PC Friars Update - Cooley: “It’s All Good”
- Two Friars selected for all-Big East teams
- Signing Day apparently nets a positive result for Friars