NEW: RI Native Will Blackmon Signs With Redskins
Wednesday, September 16, 2015
Blackmon is a nine-year veteran cornerback and 2006 fourth-round pick of the Green Bay Packers where he played four seasons. Throughout his career, Blackmon has spent time with four different franchises, including the 2010-11 Super Bowl winning New York Giants.
Prior to this season starting, Blackmon signed with the Seattle Seahawks but was cut earlier in the month after missing part of the preseason with a groin injury.
Prior to that, Blackmon played with Jacksonville from 2013-14, seeing action in 23 games and also saw time with the Arena League's Arizona Rattlers in 2013.
Along with playing corner, Blackmon also plays special teams where he has returned 81 kickoffs for an average of 21-yards and 72 punts for an average of nine yards in his career
In only two full NFL seasons played, Blackmon has started 14 career games and has 119 career tackles and an interception.
Will Blackmon attended Bishop Hendricken High School where he earned 2001 All-America first-team honors from USA Today, ESPN.com, SuperPrep and PrepStar as a senior.
Blackmon is currently the only Rhode Island native in the NFL.
- RI Native Will Blackmon to Host Free Football Clinic For Youth at Hendricken
- Boys Hoops Friday Night Spotlight: Hendricken vs. NK
- La Salle vs. Hendricken Rivalry: Who Has The Upper Hand?
- Michael King Continues to Dominate for Undefeated Hendricken Baseball
- King Strikes Out 11 to Keep Hendricken Baseball Undefeated
- Former Hendricken Star Billy Baron Finds Home at Canisius
- Who Rules RI Boys HS Sports, La Salle or Hendricken? Take the Poll
- Where Are They Now?: Former Hendricken Great Joe Mazzulla Chases Coaching Dream
- Fundraiser for Mackenzie Twins - Hendricken Football and Lacrosse Players
- Travis Rowley: Hendricken, Progressives, and Homosexuality
- Pannone Fans 16, Hendricken Sweeps South Kingstown for D1 Baseball Title
- Hendricken and North Kingstown to Play in DI Baseball Final
- Hendricken Takes 1-0 Series Lead in DI Baseball Finals
- Hendricken Wins Massachusetts Rugby Championship
- Hendricken, North Kingstown, Rogers, Juanita Sanchez win Basketball Championships
- Hendricken’s Martellini Named Gatorade Baseball Player of the Year
- Former Hendricken Star Billy Baron Gets a Shot with Chicago Bulls
- Report: Hendricken’s Mazzulla Offered Hoops Scholarship to BC
- Former Patriots Pro Bowler Koppen Joining Football Staff at Hendricken
- Hendricken Wins Holiday Face-Off Tournament
- Hendricken and Narragansett Win State Baseball Crowns
- Baldelli, Mazzulla Look to Make Own Names at Hendricken
- Holiday Face-Off Tournament Drops the Puck- Hendricken, La Salle Win
- Hendricken, Mount Win on Day 2 of Holiday Face-Off Tournament