NEW: Former Red Sox Curt Schilling Suspended by ESPN For Offensive Tweet
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
"Curt's tweet was completely unacceptable, and in no way represents our company's perspective. We made that point very strongly to Curt and have removed him from his current Little League assignment pending further consideration," ESPN said in statement.
Schilling deleted the tweet just minutes after posting it and has since issued an apology via his twitter account.
"I understand and accept my suspension. 100% my fault. Bad choices have bad consequences and this was a bad decision in every way on my part," Schilling said in a tweet.
This incident and suspension comes just a couple of days after ESPN NFL analyst Cris Carter was seen on video telling NFL rookies to have a fall guy in case they get in trouble.
- NEW: Curt Schilling’s Video Game Debuts to Mixed Reviews
- Seen: Curt Schilling + More Celebs
- Is Curt Schilling’s 38 Studios Going Broke?
- Curt Schilling to be Featured in ESPN Documentary on Broke Athletes Tonight
- Curt Schilling Slams Governor Chafee on Twitter
- GoLocalTV: Medieval Weapons and Software Auctioned off from Curt Schilling’s 38 Studios
- Mayoral Candidates Debate Curt Schilling Deal
- Should EDC Give Curt Schilling a New Deal?
- NEW: Curt Schilling’s 38 Studios has Insufficient Funds in Bank Account
- Russell Moore: Superman Is Not Curt Schilling
- EXCLUSIVE: U.S. Attorney Investigating Curt Schilling’s 38 Studios
- Wells Fargo Refuses to Discuss ‘Secret’ Cash from Curt Schilling’s 38 Studios
- Candidates Balk at $75 Million for Curt Schilling
- Carcieri Accuses Caprio of Meddling in Curt Schilling Deal
- BREAKING: State Files Suit Against Curt Schilling, Keith Stokes & Several Law Firms
- 11 to Watch in 2011: Curt Schilling
- Chafee Urges End to Deal with Curt Schilling’s Company