NEW: Bruins Relieve GM Chiarelli of Duties
Wednesday, April 15, 2015
Boston Bruins announced on Wednesday that they have relieved general manager Peter Chiarelli of his duties. Boston's Assistant General Manager, Player Personnel Staff and Coaching staff will remain in place at this time.
"We are grateful for Peter's service to the Bruins organization over the last nine seasons. His efforts undoubtedly helped the team achieve great success during his tenure and he helped restore the proud tradition of Boston Bruins hockey. We ultimately feel that this change is necessary in order to ensure sustainable success for the club both in the short term and the long term. Our search for a new General Manager will begin immediately," said Bruins President Cam Neely.
Chiarelli served as General Manager for nine seasons, holding a record of 386-233-85, helping Boston win a Stanley Cup Championship and 2011 and get to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2013 where they lost to Chicago.
The search for a new General Manager will begin immediately.
Bruins Chief Executive Officer Charlie Jacobs and Cam Neely will hold a press conference today at 3 p.m. at the TD Garden.
- Bruins Chara Drops Tampa’s Paquette
- Gronkowski Spikes Hockey Puck Prior to Bruins Game
- 10 Reasons Why We Need the Bruins and Celtics to Make the Playoffs
- P-Bruins Fraser Lifts Boston Past Montreal In OT
- Bruins and Canadiens To Open Series Thursday Night
- Bruins, Blackhawks fight to finish in OT thriller
- GoLocal Sports tackles Hernandez, Bruins and more
- Bruins-Red Wings Open Series Friday
- Bruins Players Roasted on Fallon’s Tonight Show
- Providence Bruins Welcome RI Native and Former Friar Eric Baier
- 5 Weekend Musts: PBruins at the Dunk + More
- Bruins Offense Ends Hibernation - Beat The Leafs 6-2
- 5 Weekend Musts: PBruins + More
- 4 Reasons Why The Bruins Will Win Game 7
- Bruins win game 3 in double OT 2-1
- Hawks Beat Bruins 4-3 in Triple OT
- Bruins Griffith Scores on Crazy No Look Between the Legs Shot
- Milan Lucic’s Handshake Antics After Bruins Lose Game 7 to Habs