Brown Football to Play Dartmouth at Fenway Park
Friday, January 13, 2017
The Bears will host Ivy League rival Dartmouth at Fenway on November 10, 2017.
"Fenway Park is a special place, even if you are not from New England. I know our players will light up when they walk on to the hallowed turf at Fenway and look up at the Green Monster. I expect a huge turnout from our alumni base and Brown community, who will embrace supporting our team in one of the nation's greatest treasures,” said Brown head coach Phil Estes.
Brown vs Dartmouth
The Bears and Big Green will met for the 95th time dating back to 1894. This will be the third game in the all-time series that will be played at Fenway Park, the first two coming in 1922 and 1923.
"Fenway Park is an iconic New England landmark and we are excited about the unique opportunity to play a football game there. It will be an unforgettable experience for our team members, alumni, and fans," said Jack Hayes, Brown Director of Athletics.
Brown beat Dartmouth 24-21 at Brown Stadium this past season, finishing the year with a 4-6 record overall.
Related Slideshow: RI Teams To Win National Championships
PC Basketball 1960-61 NIT
The Providence College Friars won the National Invitation Tournament(NIT) in 1961, defeating St. Louis 62-59 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At this time, the NIT was considered to be the National Championship of College Basketball.
The Friars were led by Vinny Ernst and James Hadnot that season.
PC Women's Cross Country
The 1995 Providence Friars won the programs first NCAA title. On the way, PC won their first BIG EAST and ECAC Championships.
Head Coach Ray Treacy was named NCAA Division I Women's National Coach of the Year, BIG EAST Men's and Women's Coach of the Year, Rhode Island Words Unlimited Women's Coach of the Year and NCAA District I Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year.
Brown Women's Crew '99
Brown women's crew won the first NCAA Division I Championship in Brown University History by defeating the University of Virginia by a three-second margin at lake Natoma in California.
Brown also won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the Ivy Championship, setting a new course record in the process.
Photo courtesy of Brownbears.com
Brown Women's Crew 2000
Brown repeated as national Champions in 2000, beating the University of Washington by 3.9 seconds four points.
In addition, Brown's varsity and second varsity won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the IVY league Championship.
Both teams went undefeated on the season.
URI Women's Sailing 2011
The URI Women won the programs first National Championship in small boat sailing in the 79 year history of the program and hoisted the Gerald C. Miller Memorial Trophy at the Sperry Top-Sider/Intercollegiate Sailing Association Women’s National Championship.
The Rams won the title as a club team and were one of two club teams competing for the title. The other club team was Western Washington, who finished 17.
Photo courtesy of uri.edu
PC Hockey 2015
The Providence College Friars won the 2015 NCAA Ice Hockey National Championship, defeating Boston University 4-3 at the TD Garden.
The Championship is the first in the program's history and only the third NCAA National Title in Providence College History.
PC goatender Jon Gillies was named Most Outstanding Player.
- Brown Football Player Matt Shannon Donates Bone Marrow
- Brown Football Great Can’t Defend Paterno
- Brown Football Players Want to Keep Paterno’s Name on Award
- NEW: Brown Football Previews Season–Two Games Under the Lights
- Two Brown Football Players Join Basketball Team
- Brown Football Gets Ready for Prime Time
- Brown Football Pre-Season Ranking
- Brown Football Takes on Harvard in First-Ever Night Game
- An Historic Night For Brown Football
- GoLocal’s Cordischi Adds Brown Football Role to Reporting Duties
- Brown Football Opens Camp With High Expectations
- Brown Football Set to Open Season at Bryant
- Brown Football Falls 31-21 in First Ever Meeting With Stetson
- Brown Football Falls 21-14 to 1st Place Penn
- Brown Football Holds on to Beat Yale 27-22 at Brown Stadium
- Brown Football Set to Host Bryant in Season Opener
- Brown Football Picked to Finish 5th in Ivy League
- Brown Football Opens Camp With Many Holes To Fill
- Brown Football Schedule Released, Play URI for 100th Time
- Brown Football Alum Cruz Signs With the Chicago Bears
- Brown Football Falls 31-13 to Columbia in Season Finale