Bryant Lax Falls 10-6 to Marist in NCAA Tourney Play-in Game
Thursday, May 07, 2015
Marist would jump out to a 5-1 advantage in the first quarter and would never look back.
The Bulldogs got to within three, 8-5, with 12 minutes left in the game, however, they could not recover from the 19 turnovers they committed.
Marist only turned the ball over seven times in the game.
Bryant also struggled with the extra man opportunities going 0-5 while Marist went 2-of-3.
Bryant finishes the season as NEC Conference Champions with an 8-10 overall record.
Related Slideshow: RI Teams To Win National Championships
PC Basketball 1960-61 NIT
The Providence College Friars won the National Invitation Tournament(NIT) in 1961, defeating St. Louis 62-59 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At this time, the NIT was considered to be the National Championship of College Basketball.
The Friars were led by Vinny Ernst and James Hadnot that season.
PC Women's Cross Country
The 1995 Providence Friars won the programs first NCAA title. On the way, PC won their first BIG EAST and ECAC Championships.
Head Coach Ray Treacy was named NCAA Division I Women's National Coach of the Year, BIG EAST Men's and Women's Coach of the Year, Rhode Island Words Unlimited Women's Coach of the Year and NCAA District I Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year.
Brown Women's Crew '99
Brown women's crew won the first NCAA Division I Championship in Brown University History by defeating the University of Virginia by a three-second margin at lake Natoma in California.
Brown also won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the Ivy Championship, setting a new course record in the process.
Photo courtesy of Brownbears.com
Brown Women's Crew 2000
Brown repeated as national Champions in 2000, beating the University of Washington by 3.9 seconds four points.
In addition, Brown's varsity and second varsity won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the IVY league Championship.
Both teams went undefeated on the season.
URI Women's Sailing 2011
The URI Women won the programs first National Championship in small boat sailing in the 79 year history of the program and hoisted the Gerald C. Miller Memorial Trophy at the Sperry Top-Sider/Intercollegiate Sailing Association Women’s National Championship.
The Rams won the title as a club team and were one of two club teams competing for the title. The other club team was Western Washington, who finished 17.
Photo courtesy of uri.edu
PC Hockey 2015
The Providence College Friars won the 2015 NCAA Ice Hockey National Championship, defeating Boston University 4-3 at the TD Garden.
The Championship is the first in the program's history and only the third NCAA National Title in Providence College History.
PC goatender Jon Gillies was named Most Outstanding Player.
- Bryant Lax Coach Pressler to Appear on 60 Minutes on Sunday
- Bryant Lax to Visit Marist For NCAA Tourney Play-in Game
- Bryant vs. UConn Game to Air on ESPN 3
- Bryant Bulldogs Basketball Season Preview
- Bryant Hangs Around, But Falls 66-53 to UConn
- Visit to North Carolina Highlights 2015 Bryant Lacrosse Schedule
- 5 Takeaway’s from Bryant’s 72-63 Win over UNH
- Bryant’s McCray Earns Big Honors from CFPA and ECAC
- Amica CEO DiMuccio Receives Honorary Doctorate from Bryant
- Bryant to Open College World Series Against Houston
- Bryant’s season comes to a close
- Red Sox Draft Bryant University Pitcher Kevin McAvoy
- Bryant Falls 72-66 To Akron, Drop to 1-3
- Bryant’s Starks Earns NEC Player of the Week Honors
- Bryant Releases 2015 Football Schedule
- Bryant Beats Sacred Heart 91-85 in Double OT Thriller
- Bryant’s Tournament Run Ends as they Fall 66-53 to Robert Morris
- Bryant Edges FDU 74-71, Clinch Postseason Berth
- Winning Streak Snapped, Bryant Falls 66-57 to Harvard
- Kuakumensah’s 20 Points Lead Brown Past Bryant 69-62