Bryant Football Rolls Merrimack 41-20 in Season Opener
Sunday, September 04, 2016
Bryant quarterback Dalton Easton went 13 of 20 for 223 yards and 4 touchdowns while receiver Taylor Barthelette had 7 catches for 109 yards and three touchdowns.
Down 15-6, Merrimack’s Devin O’Reilly caught a 40 yard touchdown pass from Nick Davis to cut Bryant’s lead 15-13 after an extra point was good.
However, from that point it was all Bryant.
With 26 seconds left Bathelette and Easton connected in the endzone for the second time on a 16 yard pass to give the Bulldogs a 21-13 lead going into the locker room.
In the third quarter, it was running back Brenden Femiano’s turn as he scored back to back touchdowns to give the Bulldogs a 35-13 lead. Femiano had 10 carries for 98 yards and two touchdowns in the game.
Barthelette and Easton connected one more time in the fourth quarter to get the Bulldogs to 40 points and an extra point gave Bryant 41.
The Bulldogs continue their season next week when they visit Montana State.
Kickoff is set for 4 p.m.
Related Slideshow: RI Teams To Win National Championships
PC Basketball 1960-61 NIT
The Providence College Friars won the National Invitation Tournament(NIT) in 1961, defeating St. Louis 62-59 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At this time, the NIT was considered to be the National Championship of College Basketball.
The Friars were led by Vinny Ernst and James Hadnot that season.
PC Women's Cross Country
The 1995 Providence Friars won the programs first NCAA title. On the way, PC won their first BIG EAST and ECAC Championships.
Head Coach Ray Treacy was named NCAA Division I Women's National Coach of the Year, BIG EAST Men's and Women's Coach of the Year, Rhode Island Words Unlimited Women's Coach of the Year and NCAA District I Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year.
Brown Women's Crew '99
Brown women's crew won the first NCAA Division I Championship in Brown University History by defeating the University of Virginia by a three-second margin at lake Natoma in California.
Brown also won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the Ivy Championship, setting a new course record in the process.
Photo courtesy of Brownbears.com
Brown Women's Crew 2000
Brown repeated as national Champions in 2000, beating the University of Washington by 3.9 seconds four points.
In addition, Brown's varsity and second varsity won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the IVY league Championship.
Both teams went undefeated on the season.
URI Women's Sailing 2011
The URI Women won the programs first National Championship in small boat sailing in the 79 year history of the program and hoisted the Gerald C. Miller Memorial Trophy at the Sperry Top-Sider/Intercollegiate Sailing Association Women’s National Championship.
The Rams won the title as a club team and were one of two club teams competing for the title. The other club team was Western Washington, who finished 17.
Photo courtesy of uri.edu
PC Hockey 2015
The Providence College Friars won the 2015 NCAA Ice Hockey National Championship, defeating Boston University 4-3 at the TD Garden.
The Championship is the first in the program's history and only the third NCAA National Title in Providence College History.
PC goatender Jon Gillies was named Most Outstanding Player.
- Bryant Eliminated From NEC Title Contention After Loss to Sacred Heart
- NEW: Bryant University Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree
- 5 Takeaways From Bryant’s 113-75 Loss to #5/4 Duke
- 5 Takeaways From Bryant’s 75-67 Loss to UNH
- 5 Takeaways From Brown’s 76-68 Win Over Bryant
- Bryant Basketball 2015-16 Season Preview
- Bryant Rolls Wagner 40-10, Two Wins Away From NEC Title
- NEW: Bryant Basketball Picked to Finish 3rd in NEC
- URI and Bryant Hit the Road, Brown Returns Home Red Hot
- URI & Bryant Golf Coaches Set to Enter RI Golf Hall of Fame
- Bryant Faces Wagner, Brown Faces Yale and URI hosts Villanova
- 5 Takeaways From Bryant’s 77-55 Loss to Army
- #15 Providence Edges Bryant 74-67
- Bryant Baseball Gets 2-Seed in NCAA Tournament, Face East Carolina on Friday
- Bryant Basketball Adds 5 Players to Complete 2020 Recruiting Class
- Bryant Baseball falls 9-1 to East Carolina in Game 1 of NCAA Tournament
- Bryant Baseball’s Season Comes to Close With Loss to William & Mary
- CBS Sports Names Bryant Best Football Team in Rhode Island
- Bryant’s Marcel Pettway Named NEC Rookie of the Year
- Bryant Can’t Hold 17 Point Lead, Falls 71-65 to Saint Francis
- 5 Takeaways From Bryant’s 62-60 Win Over Dartmouth
- Bryant Falls Short at Wagner, 65-56
- NEW: Bryant Rallies From 20 Point Deficit, Beats Mount St. Mary’s in 2 OT
- McLaughlin Hits Game Winner as Bryant Edges St. Francis 61-59
- Bryant Football Looks to Get Over “Hump” in 2016