Bryant Football Picked as Preseason Favorite in NEC
Thursday, July 23, 2015
Duquesne was picked to finish second and two time defending champion Sacred Hear was picked to finish third.
Bryant comes into the 2015 season after finishing 8-3 overall and 4-2 in the NEC last season.
As well being picked as the favorite, Bryant had four players receive NEC Preseason All-Conference honors.
Senior running back, Ricardo McCray finished last season with 814 yards and 10 touchdowns on 147 carries, also catching 30 passes for 366 yards and four touchdowns.
Senior wide receiver, Chad Ward finished last season with 46 catches for 667 yards and five touchdowns while averaging 60.6 yards per game.
Senior offensive lineman Abe M'Bodj and junior offensive lineman George Smith also received preseason all-conference team honors.
Season Kick Off
The Bulldogs kick off the 2015 season on Saturday, September 5 when they host American International at 3 p.m.
Bryant's first conference game comes on Saturday, October 10 when they visit Central Connecticut before returning home to face Duquesne in their conference home opener.
Related Slideshow: RI Teams To Win National Championships
PC Basketball 1960-61 NIT
The Providence College Friars won the National Invitation Tournament(NIT) in 1961, defeating St. Louis 62-59 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At this time, the NIT was considered to be the National Championship of College Basketball.
The Friars were led by Vinny Ernst and James Hadnot that season.
PC Women's Cross Country
The 1995 Providence Friars won the programs first NCAA title. On the way, PC won their first BIG EAST and ECAC Championships.
Head Coach Ray Treacy was named NCAA Division I Women's National Coach of the Year, BIG EAST Men's and Women's Coach of the Year, Rhode Island Words Unlimited Women's Coach of the Year and NCAA District I Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year.
Brown Women's Crew '99
Brown women's crew won the first NCAA Division I Championship in Brown University History by defeating the University of Virginia by a three-second margin at lake Natoma in California.
Brown also won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the Ivy Championship, setting a new course record in the process.
Photo courtesy of Brownbears.com
Brown Women's Crew 2000
Brown repeated as national Champions in 2000, beating the University of Washington by 3.9 seconds four points.
In addition, Brown's varsity and second varsity won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the IVY league Championship.
Both teams went undefeated on the season.
URI Women's Sailing 2011
The URI Women won the programs first National Championship in small boat sailing in the 79 year history of the program and hoisted the Gerald C. Miller Memorial Trophy at the Sperry Top-Sider/Intercollegiate Sailing Association Women’s National Championship.
The Rams won the title as a club team and were one of two club teams competing for the title. The other club team was Western Washington, who finished 17.
Photo courtesy of uri.edu
PC Hockey 2015
The Providence College Friars won the 2015 NCAA Ice Hockey National Championship, defeating Boston University 4-3 at the TD Garden.
The Championship is the first in the program's history and only the third NCAA National Title in Providence College History.
PC goatender Jon Gillies was named Most Outstanding Player.
- Bryant Hangs Around, But Falls 66-53 to UConn
- Bryant vs. UConn Game to Air on ESPN 3
- Visit to North Carolina Highlights 2015 Bryant Lacrosse Schedule
- 5 Takeaway’s from Bryant’s 72-63 Win over UNH
- Bryant Bulldogs Basketball Season Preview
- Bryant’s McCray Earns Big Honors from CFPA and ECAC
- Bryant to Open College World Series Against Houston
- Bryant’s season comes to a close
- Red Sox Draft Bryant University Pitcher Kevin McAvoy
- Bryant Falls 72-66 To Akron, Drop to 1-3
- Kuakumensah’s 20 Points Lead Brown Past Bryant 69-62
- Bryant Beats Sacred Heart 91-85 in Double OT Thriller
- Bryant’s Starks Earns NEC Player of the Week Honors
- Bryant’s Tournament Run Ends as they Fall 66-53 to Robert Morris
- Bryant Lax Coach Pressler to Appear on 60 Minutes on Sunday
- Bryant Lax to Visit Marist For NCAA Tourney Play-in Game
- Bryant Releases 2015 Football Schedule
- Starks Jumper with 1.3 Seconds Left Lifts Bryant Over Denver, 48-46
- Bryant Edges FDU 74-71, Clinch Postseason Berth
- Bryant Falls to Dartmouth 76-59, Open NEC Play on Saturday
- Bryant Beats Wagner 81-73, Improve to 4-1 in NEC
- Winning Streak Snapped, Bryant Falls 66-57 to Harvard
- Bryant Lax Falls 10-6 to Marist in NCAA Tourney Play-in Game