Brown U. Set to Host Ivy League Lacrosse Tournament
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
The Ivy league Champion will receive an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
Friday's games start at 5 p.m. when Cornell takes on Princeton, followed by the final game of the day when the Brown Bears will take on Yale at 8 p.m.
The Bears are the number one seed coming into the tournament, finishing the season with a 12-3 record overall and 4-2 in Ivy League play.
Both first round games can be seen on ESPN3.
Click here for tickets.
Brown, Cornell, Princeton and Yale students will get in for free with a valid ID at the gate.
Related Slideshow: RI Teams To Win National Championships
PC Basketball 1960-61 NIT
The Providence College Friars won the National Invitation Tournament(NIT) in 1961, defeating St. Louis 62-59 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At this time, the NIT was considered to be the National Championship of College Basketball.
The Friars were led by Vinny Ernst and James Hadnot that season.
PC Women's Cross Country
The 1995 Providence Friars won the programs first NCAA title. On the way, PC won their first BIG EAST and ECAC Championships.
Head Coach Ray Treacy was named NCAA Division I Women's National Coach of the Year, BIG EAST Men's and Women's Coach of the Year, Rhode Island Words Unlimited Women's Coach of the Year and NCAA District I Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year.
Brown Women's Crew '99
Brown women's crew won the first NCAA Division I Championship in Brown University History by defeating the University of Virginia by a three-second margin at lake Natoma in California.
Brown also won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the Ivy Championship, setting a new course record in the process.
Photo courtesy of Brownbears.com
Brown Women's Crew 2000
Brown repeated as national Champions in 2000, beating the University of Washington by 3.9 seconds four points.
In addition, Brown's varsity and second varsity won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the IVY league Championship.
Both teams went undefeated on the season.
URI Women's Sailing 2011
The URI Women won the programs first National Championship in small boat sailing in the 79 year history of the program and hoisted the Gerald C. Miller Memorial Trophy at the Sperry Top-Sider/Intercollegiate Sailing Association Women’s National Championship.
The Rams won the title as a club team and were one of two club teams competing for the title. The other club team was Western Washington, who finished 17.
Photo courtesy of uri.edu
PC Hockey 2015
The Providence College Friars won the 2015 NCAA Ice Hockey National Championship, defeating Boston University 4-3 at the TD Garden.
The Championship is the first in the program's history and only the third NCAA National Title in Providence College History.
PC goatender Jon Gillies was named Most Outstanding Player.
- Brown Men’s Crew Releases 2015 Schedule, Hosts 4 Time Champ Washington
- Boies and Olson To Give Lecture on Marriage Equality at Brown
- Is Brown Grad Emma Watson Dating Prince Harry?
- EXCLUSIVE: President’s Daughter Malia is Scheduled to Tour Brown Next Week
- Jordan Spieth, Brother of Brown’s Steven Spieth, Wins The Masters
- Brown Issues Statement to Correct “Misinformation” Regarding Campus Assault Case
- Brown Theatre To Present Student-Written “You Are the Circus”
- Brown Sexual Assault Task Force Issues Final Report
- Brown University Graduate Student Dies in Fall from Science Library Building
- NEW: Student Falls From Brown’s Science Library
- NEW: Brown Confirms Student Death from Library Fall
- Brown University Admits 2,580 to Class of 2019
- Brown to Confer Six Honorary Doctorates at 2015 Commencement
- Brown’s Kertzer Awarded 2015 Pulitzer Prize