Brown Football Visits Harvard to Open Ivy League Play
Saturday, September 23, 2017
Brown is 1-0 on the season following a 28-23 win over in-state rival Bryant last week.
Harvard comes in with a record of 0-1 following their 17-10 loss to Rhode Island last week. The loss was Harvard’s first season-opening loss since 2011.
"I think we are looking for our team to go out and execute our schemes, our tempo offense, defense, special teams and all facets of the game," said Brown head coach Phil Estes.
Kick-off is set for noon time and can be seen on NESN.
Brown vs Harvard
The Bears and Crimson will meet for the 117th time in history on Saturday, with Harvard holding an 84-30-2 series advantage.
Harvard has won each of the last six games, with the most recent win coming in 2016 when they beat the Bears 32-22 at Brown Stadium.
Brown’s last win over Harvard came in 2010, when they jumped out to a 23-0 lead and cruised to a 29-14 win.
The Brown offense is led by quarterback Nick Duncan.
Last week against Bryant, Duncan ran for 73 yards and two touchdowns and threw for 152 yards and another touchdown.
"I think Nick Duncan is a gamer, he has a special talent of making plays with his feet and arms. He makes defenses have to cover multiple options," said Estes.
The Bears will also look to Livingstone Harriott in all aspects of the offense. Last week, Harriott rushed 11 times for 41 yards. He also hauled in two passes for 27 yards.
On the defensive side of the ball, Brown will be led by Richard Jarvis, who recorded four sacks against Bryant and was named Ivy League Player of the Week.
In total, the Bears defense recorded seven sacks against Bryant.
Cornerback Jonquel Condomina leads the country with nine tackles per game.
Related Slideshow: RI Teams To Win National Championships
PC Basketball 1960-61 NIT
The Providence College Friars won the National Invitation Tournament(NIT) in 1961, defeating St. Louis 62-59 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At this time, the NIT was considered to be the National Championship of College Basketball.
The Friars were led by Vinny Ernst and James Hadnot that season.
PC Women's Cross Country
The 1995 Providence Friars won the programs first NCAA title. On the way, PC won their first BIG EAST and ECAC Championships.
Head Coach Ray Treacy was named NCAA Division I Women's National Coach of the Year, BIG EAST Men's and Women's Coach of the Year, Rhode Island Words Unlimited Women's Coach of the Year and NCAA District I Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year.
Brown Women's Crew '99
Brown women's crew won the first NCAA Division I Championship in Brown University History by defeating the University of Virginia by a three-second margin at lake Natoma in California.
Brown also won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the Ivy Championship, setting a new course record in the process.
Photo courtesy of Brownbears.com
Brown Women's Crew 2000
Brown repeated as national Champions in 2000, beating the University of Washington by 3.9 seconds four points.
In addition, Brown's varsity and second varsity won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the IVY league Championship.
Both teams went undefeated on the season.
URI Women's Sailing 2011
The URI Women won the programs first National Championship in small boat sailing in the 79 year history of the program and hoisted the Gerald C. Miller Memorial Trophy at the Sperry Top-Sider/Intercollegiate Sailing Association Women’s National Championship.
The Rams won the title as a club team and were one of two club teams competing for the title. The other club team was Western Washington, who finished 17.
Photo courtesy of uri.edu
PC Hockey 2015
The Providence College Friars won the 2015 NCAA Ice Hockey National Championship, defeating Boston University 4-3 at the TD Garden.
The Championship is the first in the program's history and only the third NCAA National Title in Providence College History.
PC goatender Jon Gillies was named Most Outstanding Player.
- NEW: Brown Football Previews Season–Two Games Under the Lights
- Brown Football Players Want to Keep Paterno’s Name on Award
- GoLocal’s Cordischi Adds Brown Football Role to Reporting Duties
- Brown Football Opens Camp With High Expectations
- Brown Football Opens Camp With Many Holes To Fill
- Brown Football Great Can’t Defend Paterno
- Brown Football Player Matt Shannon Donates Bone Marrow
- Brown Football Takes on Harvard in First-Ever Night Game
- An Historic Night For Brown Football
- Brown Football Gets Ready for Prime Time
- Two Brown Football Players Join Basketball Team
- Brown Football Schedule Released, Play URI for 100th Time
- Brown Football Alum Cruz Signs With the Chicago Bears
- Brown Football to Play Dartmouth at Fenway Park
- Brown Football Falls 31-13 to Columbia in Season Finale
- Brown Football Coach Estes Joins LIVE Monday to Discuss Brown’s Game at Fenway
- Brown Football Coach Estes to Throw Out 1st Pitch at Fenway on Sunday When Red Sox Host Yankees
- Brown Football Hosts Bryant to Open 140th Season
- Brown Football Holds on to Beat Yale 27-22 at Brown Stadium
- Brown Football Falls 21-14 to 1st Place Penn
- Brown Football Picked to Finish 5th in Ivy League
- Brown Football Set to Host Bryant in Season Opener
- Brown Football Set to Open Season at Bryant
- Brown Football Falls 31-21 in First Ever Meeting With Stetson
- Brown Football Edges Bryant 28-23 in Season Opener