video: Brown Football Falls to Stetson 17-13
Sunday, October 08, 2017
The loss drops Brown to 2-2 on the season, while Stetson improves to 1-5 overall.
Brown Falls Short
Brown quarterback Thomas Linta connected with Demitri Jackson on a six-yard touchdown pass to give the Bears a 7-3 lead following an extra point by Ben Rosenblatt in the second quarter.
From there, Stetson took control of the game.
Stetson quarterback Colin McGovern rushed seven yards into the end zone with 2:37 left in the half to give the Hatters a 10-7 lead after kicker Jonny Messina converted the extra point.
Stetson would take that lead into the half.
After the game remained scoreless for most of the third quarter, McGovern would strike again, this time with an eight-yard rush into the end zone to extend the Hatters’ lead to 17-7 with 1:56 left in the quarter after an extra point by Messina.
In the fourth, Brown would cut the Stetson lead to 17-13 after a 12-yard touchdown run by Darius Daies with 8:55 left to play in the game, but they would get no closer.
Daies carried the ball 14 times for 59 yards and a touchdown while Linta completed 14 of 21 passes for 143 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions.
Brown returns to action on Saturday, October 14 when they host Princeton.
Game time is set for 12:30 p.m.
Related Slideshow: RI Teams To Win National Championships
PC Basketball 1960-61 NIT
The Providence College Friars won the National Invitation Tournament(NIT) in 1961, defeating St. Louis 62-59 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At this time, the NIT was considered to be the National Championship of College Basketball.
The Friars were led by Vinny Ernst and James Hadnot that season.
PC Women's Cross Country
The 1995 Providence Friars won the programs first NCAA title. On the way, PC won their first BIG EAST and ECAC Championships.
Head Coach Ray Treacy was named NCAA Division I Women's National Coach of the Year, BIG EAST Men's and Women's Coach of the Year, Rhode Island Words Unlimited Women's Coach of the Year and NCAA District I Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year.
Brown Women's Crew '99
Brown women's crew won the first NCAA Division I Championship in Brown University History by defeating the University of Virginia by a three-second margin at lake Natoma in California.
Brown also won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the Ivy Championship, setting a new course record in the process.
Photo courtesy of Brownbears.com
Brown Women's Crew 2000
Brown repeated as national Champions in 2000, beating the University of Washington by 3.9 seconds four points.
In addition, Brown's varsity and second varsity won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the IVY league Championship.
Both teams went undefeated on the season.
URI Women's Sailing 2011
The URI Women won the programs first National Championship in small boat sailing in the 79 year history of the program and hoisted the Gerald C. Miller Memorial Trophy at the Sperry Top-Sider/Intercollegiate Sailing Association Women’s National Championship.
The Rams won the title as a club team and were one of two club teams competing for the title. The other club team was Western Washington, who finished 17.
Photo courtesy of uri.edu
PC Hockey 2015
The Providence College Friars won the 2015 NCAA Ice Hockey National Championship, defeating Boston University 4-3 at the TD Garden.
The Championship is the first in the program's history and only the third NCAA National Title in Providence College History.
PC goatender Jon Gillies was named Most Outstanding Player.
- Brown Football Opens Camp With Many Holes To Fill
- Brown Football Opens Camp With High Expectations
- Brown Football Schedule Released, Play URI for 100th Time
- Brown Football Alum Cruz Signs With the Chicago Bears
- Brown Football Picked to Finish 5th in Ivy League
- GoLocal’s Cordischi Adds Brown Football Role to Reporting Duties
- NEW: Brown Football Previews Season–Two Games Under the Lights
- Two Brown Football Players Join Basketball Team
- Brown Football Player Matt Shannon Donates Bone Marrow
- Brown Football Great Can’t Defend Paterno
- Brown Football Players Want to Keep Paterno’s Name on Award
- Brown Football Set to Host Bryant in Season Opener
- Brown Football Set to Open Season at Bryant
- Brown Football Hosts Bryant to Open 140th Season
- Brown Football Coach Estes to Throw Out 1st Pitch at Fenway on Sunday When Red Sox Host Yankees
- Brown Football Edges Bryant 28-23 in Season Opener
- Brown Football Visits Harvard to Open Ivy League Play
- Brown Football Beat by Harvard 45-28 in Ivy League Opener
- Brown Football Coach Estes Joins LIVE Monday to Discuss Brown’s Game at Fenway
- Brown Football to Play Dartmouth at Fenway Park
- Brown Football Falls 31-21 in First Ever Meeting With Stetson
- Brown Football Falls 21-14 to 1st Place Penn
- Brown Football Holds on to Beat Yale 27-22 at Brown Stadium
- Brown Football Falls 31-13 to Columbia in Season Finale
- Brown Football Wraps Up Non-Conference Play vs. Stetson on ESPN3