Brown Football Falls 33-10 to Dartmouth at Fenway Park
Saturday, November 11, 2017
The Bears fall to 2-7 overall, 0-6 in the Ivy League, while Dartmouth improves to 7-2, 4-2 in Ivy League play.
Dartmouth got on the board first on a 27-yard pass from quarterback Jack Heneghan to Hunter Hagdorn with 4:46 left in the first quarter. The extra point was blocked by Brown senior Thomas Kutschke to keep the score 6-0 Dartmouth.
The Big Green built on their lead in the second quarter when Ryder Stone ran 10 yards into the end zone with 11:23 to play in the half to make it 13-0 Dartmouth.
The Bears got on the board in the second quarter when senior Ben Rosenblatt converted a 27-yard field goal at the 5:14 mark of the second quarter to cut Dartmouth’s lead to 13-3.
However, Dartmouth would not let up.
Heneghan to Hagdorn connected again with 56 seconds left in half, this time on a 17-yard touchdown pass, to give Dartmouth to a 20-3 lead.
They would extend their lead just before the half with a field goal to take a 23-3 lead into the locker room.
Dartmouth would add another touchdown in the third quarter on an interception and go on to cruise to the 33-10 win.
The Bears wrap up their 2017 season on Saturday, November 18 when they visit Columbia.
Kick-off is set for 1 p.m.
Related Slideshow: RI Teams To Win National Championships
PC Basketball 1960-61 NIT
The Providence College Friars won the National Invitation Tournament(NIT) in 1961, defeating St. Louis 62-59 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At this time, the NIT was considered to be the National Championship of College Basketball.
The Friars were led by Vinny Ernst and James Hadnot that season.
PC Women's Cross Country
The 1995 Providence Friars won the programs first NCAA title. On the way, PC won their first BIG EAST and ECAC Championships.
Head Coach Ray Treacy was named NCAA Division I Women's National Coach of the Year, BIG EAST Men's and Women's Coach of the Year, Rhode Island Words Unlimited Women's Coach of the Year and NCAA District I Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year.
Brown Women's Crew '99
Brown women's crew won the first NCAA Division I Championship in Brown University History by defeating the University of Virginia by a three-second margin at lake Natoma in California.
Brown also won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the Ivy Championship, setting a new course record in the process.
Photo courtesy of Brownbears.com
Brown Women's Crew 2000
Brown repeated as national Champions in 2000, beating the University of Washington by 3.9 seconds four points.
In addition, Brown's varsity and second varsity won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the IVY league Championship.
Both teams went undefeated on the season.
URI Women's Sailing 2011
The URI Women won the programs first National Championship in small boat sailing in the 79 year history of the program and hoisted the Gerald C. Miller Memorial Trophy at the Sperry Top-Sider/Intercollegiate Sailing Association Women’s National Championship.
The Rams won the title as a club team and were one of two club teams competing for the title. The other club team was Western Washington, who finished 17.
Photo courtesy of uri.edu
PC Hockey 2015
The Providence College Friars won the 2015 NCAA Ice Hockey National Championship, defeating Boston University 4-3 at the TD Garden.
The Championship is the first in the program's history and only the third NCAA National Title in Providence College History.
PC goatender Jon Gillies was named Most Outstanding Player.
- Brown Football Falls 31-21 in First Ever Meeting With Stetson
- Brown Football Set to Open Season at Bryant
- Brown Football Falls 21-14 to 1st Place Penn
- Brown Football Holds on to Beat Yale 27-22 at Brown Stadium
- Brown Football Falls 31-13 to Columbia in Season Finale
- Brown Football Set to Host Bryant in Season Opener
- Brown Football Picked to Finish 5th in Ivy League
- Brown Football Opens Camp With High Expectations
- Brown Football Opens Camp With Many Holes To Fill
- Brown Football Schedule Released, Play URI for 100th Time
- Brown Football Alum Cruz Signs With the Chicago Bears
- Brown Football to Play Dartmouth at Fenway Park
- Brown Football Coach Estes Joins LIVE Monday to Discuss Brown’s Game at Fenway
- Brown Football Set to Host Princeton in Return to Ivy League Play
- Brown Football Falls to Stetson 17-13
- Brown Football Visits Cornell in Search of 1st Conference Win
- Brown Football Hosts Penn in Final Home Game of Regular Season
- Brown Football Falls to First Place Yale 34-7
- Brown Football Wraps Up Non-Conference Play vs. Stetson on ESPN3
- Brown Football Beat by Harvard 45-28 in Ivy League Opener
- Brown Football Coach Estes to Throw Out 1st Pitch at Fenway on Sunday When Red Sox Host Yankees
- Brown Football Hosts Bryant to Open 140th Season
- Brown Football Edges Bryant 28-23 in Season Opener
- Brown Football Visits Harvard to Open Ivy League Play
- Brown Football Set for Showdown With Dartmouth at Fenway Park