video: Brown Football Falls 31-13 to Columbia in Season Finale
Saturday, November 19, 2016
The loss gives the Bears their first losing season since 2006.
The Bears finish the season with a 4-6 record overall and 3-4 in conference.
Brown’s struggles on offense is what cost them in this game. The Bears only had 266 yards of offense and went 2 of 15 on third down.
Trailing 21-6 at the half, the Bears' Livingstone Harriott took a hand off from quarterback Nicholas Duncan eight yards into the end zone to bring Brown within one score at 21-13 with 2:16 left to play in the third quarter.
However, Columbia would score the next ten straight points, including an Alan Watson 69 yard run to seal their 31-13 win.
Thomas Linta completed 10 of 19 passes for 64 yards with an interception, while Duncan completed 7 of 16 passes for 62 yards.
Anton Casey led the Brown receiving corps with four catches for 51 yards.
Related Slideshow: RI Teams To Win National Championships
PC Basketball 1960-61 NIT
The Providence College Friars won the National Invitation Tournament(NIT) in 1961, defeating St. Louis 62-59 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At this time, the NIT was considered to be the National Championship of College Basketball.
The Friars were led by Vinny Ernst and James Hadnot that season.
PC Women's Cross Country
The 1995 Providence Friars won the programs first NCAA title. On the way, PC won their first BIG EAST and ECAC Championships.
Head Coach Ray Treacy was named NCAA Division I Women's National Coach of the Year, BIG EAST Men's and Women's Coach of the Year, Rhode Island Words Unlimited Women's Coach of the Year and NCAA District I Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year.
Brown Women's Crew '99
Brown women's crew won the first NCAA Division I Championship in Brown University History by defeating the University of Virginia by a three-second margin at lake Natoma in California.
Brown also won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the Ivy Championship, setting a new course record in the process.
Photo courtesy of Brownbears.com
Brown Women's Crew 2000
Brown repeated as national Champions in 2000, beating the University of Washington by 3.9 seconds four points.
In addition, Brown's varsity and second varsity won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the IVY league Championship.
Both teams went undefeated on the season.
URI Women's Sailing 2011
The URI Women won the programs first National Championship in small boat sailing in the 79 year history of the program and hoisted the Gerald C. Miller Memorial Trophy at the Sperry Top-Sider/Intercollegiate Sailing Association Women’s National Championship.
The Rams won the title as a club team and were one of two club teams competing for the title. The other club team was Western Washington, who finished 17.
Photo courtesy of uri.edu
PC Hockey 2015
The Providence College Friars won the 2015 NCAA Ice Hockey National Championship, defeating Boston University 4-3 at the TD Garden.
The Championship is the first in the program's history and only the third NCAA National Title in Providence College History.
PC goatender Jon Gillies was named Most Outstanding Player.
- Brown Football Player Matt Shannon Donates Bone Marrow
- Brown Football Great Can’t Defend Paterno
- Brown Football Players Want to Keep Paterno’s Name on Award
- NEW: Brown Football Previews Season–Two Games Under the Lights
- Two Brown Football Players Join Basketball Team
- Brown Football Gets Ready for Prime Time
- Brown Football Pre-Season Ranking
- Brown Football Takes on Harvard in First-Ever Night Game
- An Historic Night For Brown Football
- GoLocal’s Cordischi Adds Brown Football Role to Reporting Duties
- Brown Football Opens Camp With High Expectations
- Brown Football Set to Open Season at Bryant
- Brown Football Falls 31-21 in First Ever Meeting With Stetson
- Brown Football Falls 21-14 to 1st Place Penn
- Brown Football Set to Host Bryant in Season Opener
- Brown Football Picked to Finish 5th in Ivy League
- Brown Football Opens Camp With Many Holes To Fill
- Brown Football Schedule Released, Play URI for 100th Time
- Brown Football Alum Cruz Signs With the Chicago Bears
- Brown Football Holds on to Beat Yale 27-22 at Brown Stadium