video: Brown Football Beat by Harvard 45-28 in Ivy League Opener
Sunday, September 24, 2017
Brown has now lost seven straight games to Harvard.
The loss drops Brown to 1-1 overall and 0-1 in Ivy League play. Harvard improves to 1-1 overall and 1-0 in Ivy League play.
Harvard Cruises Past Brown
Trailing 7-0 in the first quarter, Brown’s Richard Jarvis sacked Harvard quarterback Jake Smith in the end zone for a safety to put Brown on board, cutting the Crimson’s lead to 7-2.
Brown would not score again until the fourth quarter.
Following the safety, the Brown offense got the ball back with a chance to take the lead.
However, Brown quarterback Nick Duncan’s pass was picked off by Harvard’s Tanner Lee and returned 39 yards for a touchdown to put the Crimson up 14-2 after kicker Jake McIntyre covered the extra point to close the first quarter.
The Crimson would add to their lead in the second quarter when Lavance Northington ran six yards to the end zone to put Harvard up 21-2 following a McIntyre extra point.
The Crimson would take that lead into the half.
On Harvard’s opening possession of the second half, Charlie Booker took the ball 27 yards to the end zone for his second touchdown of the game, putting the Crimson up 28-2 following McIntyre’s extra point.
The Crimson would go on to outscore Brown 17-0 in the third quarter and take a 38-2 lead into the fourth.
Brown would outscore Harvard 26-7 in the fourth quarter, but the Crimson would cruise to the win.
The Bears return to action on Saturday, September 30 when they host the University of Rhode Island in the Governor's Cup.
Game time is set for 7 p.m. at Brown Stadium.
Related Slideshow: RI Teams To Win National Championships
PC Basketball 1960-61 NIT
The Providence College Friars won the National Invitation Tournament(NIT) in 1961, defeating St. Louis 62-59 at Madison Square Garden in New York.
At this time, the NIT was considered to be the National Championship of College Basketball.
The Friars were led by Vinny Ernst and James Hadnot that season.
PC Women's Cross Country
The 1995 Providence Friars won the programs first NCAA title. On the way, PC won their first BIG EAST and ECAC Championships.
Head Coach Ray Treacy was named NCAA Division I Women's National Coach of the Year, BIG EAST Men's and Women's Coach of the Year, Rhode Island Words Unlimited Women's Coach of the Year and NCAA District I Women's Cross Country Coach of the Year.
Brown Women's Crew '99
Brown women's crew won the first NCAA Division I Championship in Brown University History by defeating the University of Virginia by a three-second margin at lake Natoma in California.
Brown also won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the Ivy Championship, setting a new course record in the process.
Photo courtesy of Brownbears.com
Brown Women's Crew 2000
Brown repeated as national Champions in 2000, beating the University of Washington by 3.9 seconds four points.
In addition, Brown's varsity and second varsity won the Eastern Sprint Championship and the IVY league Championship.
Both teams went undefeated on the season.
URI Women's Sailing 2011
The URI Women won the programs first National Championship in small boat sailing in the 79 year history of the program and hoisted the Gerald C. Miller Memorial Trophy at the Sperry Top-Sider/Intercollegiate Sailing Association Women’s National Championship.
The Rams won the title as a club team and were one of two club teams competing for the title. The other club team was Western Washington, who finished 17.
Photo courtesy of uri.edu
PC Hockey 2015
The Providence College Friars won the 2015 NCAA Ice Hockey National Championship, defeating Boston University 4-3 at the TD Garden.
The Championship is the first in the program's history and only the third NCAA National Title in Providence College History.
PC goatender Jon Gillies was named Most Outstanding Player.
- GoLocal’s Cordischi Adds Brown Football Role to Reporting Duties
- NEW: Brown Football Previews Season–Two Games Under the Lights
- Brown Football Opens Camp With High Expectations
- Brown Football Opens Camp With Many Holes To Fill
- Brown Football Schedule Released, Play URI for 100th Time
- Brown Football Players Want to Keep Paterno’s Name on Award
- Brown Football Great Can’t Defend Paterno
- An Historic Night For Brown Football
- Brown Football Gets Ready for Prime Time
- Two Brown Football Players Join Basketball Team
- Brown Football Player Matt Shannon Donates Bone Marrow
- Brown Football Alum Cruz Signs With the Chicago Bears
- Brown Football Picked to Finish 5th in Ivy League
- Brown Football Coach Estes Joins LIVE Monday to Discuss Brown’s Game at Fenway
- Brown Football to Play Dartmouth at Fenway Park
- Brown Football Coach Estes to Throw Out 1st Pitch at Fenway on Sunday When Red Sox Host Yankees
- Brown Football Hosts Bryant to Open 140th Season
- Brown Football Edges Bryant 28-23 in Season Opener
- Brown Football Falls 31-13 to Columbia in Season Finale
- Brown Football Holds on to Beat Yale 27-22 at Brown Stadium
- Brown Football Set to Host Bryant in Season Opener
- Brown Football Set to Open Season at Bryant
- Brown Football Falls 31-21 in First Ever Meeting With Stetson
- Brown Football Falls 21-14 to 1st Place Penn
- Brown Football Visits Harvard to Open Ivy League Play