Boston #1 in Sport - Forbes
Monday, August 02, 2010
Boston sports fans are tops in pro sports, according to Forbes magazine. Overall the Boston team fans dominated pro sports. Guess who was number 1 overall?
According to Forbes overall ranking in pro sports was:
#1 Boston Red Sox
#5 New England Patriots
#7 Boston Celtics
Other notables: New York Yankees #14
To produce a list of the best fans in U.S. sports, Forbes ranked each of the “Big Four” U.S. professional sports leagues: football (NFL), basketball (NBA), baseball (MLB), and hockey (NHL).
Forbes then used three different metrics. 1) home and away game attendance, which indicates a team’s drawing power in its home market and nationwide. 2) merchandise sales (Numbers for the NFL, NBA and MLB were provided to Forbes by Sportsonesource, a sporting good industry analyst, and the NHL gave their own data). 3) Forbes ranked each team’s in-market popularity, based on surveys of American sports teams by Turnkey Sports and Entertainment.
- Providence One of the Best Places to Retire
- Providence in the Top 25 Cities for Working Mothers
- 2010 Red Sox: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back
- Boston’s a Hockey Town Once Again!
- Biggest Choke in New England Sports History?
- Celtics - Lakers Rivalry Among the World’s Best
- Celtics-Lakers Preview
- Crushing End To A Great Season
- Red Sox Mid Season Report Card