GoLocal Is Hiring Sports Reporter
Wednesday, December 05, 2018
We are looking for someone who can truly make our sports coverage stand out both in writing and on GoLocal LIVE.
GoLocal is looking for someone with great research skills to dig into the business of sports and is excited to find the great untold stories.
We are looking for a five-tool journalist.
Here are some of the skills and talents we are looking for:
- Strong writing skills are critical
- Understanding and leveraging social media is a must
- Must have video experience both in front of the camera and have editing skills
- 4-year college degree, preferably with an emphasis in journalism/mass communications/sports or equivalent professional work experience
- Must be able to shoot, write, and edit your own material
- Must have and maintain a good driving record
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
- Television or video experience through professional work or internships is a must
- Ability to demonstrate enterprise sports reporting and creativity in story-telling
- 4 years minimum relevant experience
- Write and report on game previews, post-game summaries, short blurbs, as well as human interest stories and news surrounding sports in the region.
- Develop relationships with coaches, athletes and administrators, but not to become a slave to access.
- Create systems to report scores and statistics from selected sports’ matches around the state.
- Identify and develop talent to produce content from multiple games including photography, videos, and comments/remarks from games.
- Develop innovative ideas to test across our audience and markets for news and content delivery on the initiative.
- Host a segment on GoLocal LIVE (frequency TBD) reporting news and highlights from sports across the region.
- Create social media strategies and management of all GoLocalProv platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Set the standard on high school sports news reporting.
- Experience working with a Content Management System (CMS) or web-publishing software
- Passionate and knowledgeable about all sports
- Demonstrated experience and/or competed in high school sports
- Demonstrated experience and/or competed in collegiate sports (any division)
- Experience as a General Assignment Reporter
- Demonstrated ability to enterprise, research and plan stories.
- Demonstrated experience in generating and producing news stories.
- Prior experience delivering taped and live reports.
- Strong desire to deliver news as it develops on all current and future platforms.
Those interested should email their resume and two writing samples HERE.