6 Times Philadelphia Fans Were the Worst
Monday, January 29, 2018
The city’s rowdy spectators have slandered Philadelphia’s reputation.
Should they lose the Super Bowl, there’s no telling what riots they might start. Heck, if they win they might riot too.
See the 6 Times Philadelphia Fans Were the Worst in the Slideshow Below
Related Slideshow: 6 Times Philadelphia Fans Were the Worst
A Mob of Eagles fans Pelted Vikings Fans With Full Beer Cans
As Vikings fans headed into the game on Saturday, they were greeted with full cans of beer — to the head. Eagles fans lobbed bottles at them then, and again at the Vikings team bus as they left.
Videos show Eagles fans shouting obscenities as they wreaked havoc on the fans just trying to pass by.
A few fans tried to make up for their bad behavior by donating nearly $11,000 to Vikings coach Mike Zimmer’s foundation.
Fans Threw Snowballs at Santa
At another Vikings game, fans booed and started to hurl snowballs at a man dressed as Santa Claus during halftime.
The costume was a tradition for Mr. Franklin Field, who came to the final Eagles game each year dressed as Old Saint Nick.
“He was a sitting duck,” said former Pennsylvania governor Ed Rendell.
They Host the Wing Bowl
Imagine 20,000 people packing a stadium to watch large men brawl it out in a contest of physical brutality.
No, it’s not football that you’re watching.
It’s the Wing Bowl, a chicken wing eating contest that happens every year ahead of the Super Bowl.
Two years ago, the winner gorged herself with a total of 429 wings as fights broke out in the stands behind her.
A Man Purposefully Puked on an 11-Year-Old-Girl
This wasn’t just a case of belligerence — the puker was seen sticking his fingers down his throat as he leaned over the two innocent spectators.
PHOTO: Philadelphia Police
They Threw a Beer Bottle at Ryan Howard
“I don’t care how bad somebody thinks I’m playing, it’s uncalled for,” Howard told reporters at the time.
The man ended up leaving the stadium on his own accord.
Someone Punched a Horse Outside of Lincoln Financial Field
Ahead of the game, one parking lot fight turned particularly bloody.
According to NJ.com, six police horses were called in to control the crowd. One particularly destructive 19-year-old fan became enraged by the horses and punched one.
Philadelphia police and state troopers were called to the scene.
PHOTO: Philadelphia Police
- Patriots Fall Flat in Miami, Trail Steelers by 1 Game for AFC’s Top Seed
- What to Watch For: Patriots vs. Bills
- Patriots to Sign Receiver Kenny Britt to 2-Year Deal
- What to Watch For: Patriots vs Steelers
- Patriots Edge Steelers 27-24, Take Hold of #1 Seed in AFC
- Patriots Place Bennett, Ebner on Injured Reserve
- Patriots Beat Dolphins 35-17 for 7th Straight Win
- Watch to Watch For: Patriots vs Raiders
- Patriots Cruise Past Oakland 33-8 in Mexico City for 6th Straight Win
- Former Patriots Receiver Terry Glenn Dies in Car Crash
- What to Watch For: Dolphins vs. Patriots
- What to Watch For: Bills vs Patriots
- Patriots Overcome Slow Start to Beat Bills 37-16 on Christmas Eve
- Patriots Roll Titans 35-14, Advance to 7th Straight AFC Championship
- What to Watch For: Titans vs Patriots - 2018 AFC Divisional Playoffs
- Patriots to Host Jaguars in AFC Championship Game
- What to Watch For: Jaguars vs Patriots - 2018 AFC Championship
- NEW: Patriots Advance to Super Bowl, Beat Jacksonville 24-20 in AFC Championship
- Patriots to Host Titans in Divisional Round Playoff Game on Saturday
- Patriots Respond to ESPN Story Claiming “Dysfunction” in the Organization
- Patriots Sign Former Steelers Linebacker Harrison
- What to Watch For: Jets vs Patriots
- Patriots Cruise Past Jets 26-6, Lock up #1 Seed in AFC
- Patriots to Face Eagles in Super Bowl 52