video: Block Blasts Fung, Taveras, Raimondo for Support of Fox
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Block said that the ethics of Rhode Island politics needs to change and cited contributions that Raimondo, Fung, and Taveras made to Fox, as well as Raimondo and Taveras walking with Fox in his district while allegations of pay-to-play, corruption within the 38 Studios deal, and PEDP Loans were all taking place as evidence of ethical issues in the state.
In addition to calling out the other candidates for their relationships with Fox, Block called out Fung specifically by pointing out his accepted contributions from leaders of the Cranston Police Union, saying that these contributions were unacceptable.
"As Governor I will not accept any contributions from anyone who will be negotiating directly with the Governor's office," said Block. "Rhode Islanders deserve better than that and need to be able to have complete faith that their elected officials are acting solely in the best interests of their constituents."
- NEW: Block Islander Brian Williams Rapping Goes Viral
- NEW: Ken Block Receives Endorsement From RI Taxpayers
- NEW: Block: Fung Flip-Flops on Corporate Tax Cut
- NEW: Ken Block Receives Endorsement From Rep. Doreen Costa
- NEW: Cape Air Announces Service to Block Island
- PODCAST: Projo, Other Papers Hire Lobbyists to Block Budget Reform
- NEW: Doherty Campaign Manager Endorses Ken Block
- Projo and Other Daily Papers Hire Lobbyists to Block Budget Reform
- Block: Fung + Raimondo “Engage in Destructive Political Games”
- NEW: Former Radio Host Helen Glover Endorses Block for Governor
- RI Public Radio Reporter Says Station Blocking Her Unemployment
- Fung and Block: Do Either Represent GOP on Guns?
- NEW: Fung + Block to Compete in Straw Poll at North Kingstown GOP
- Richard August: Block Island Deer Slaughter Canceled
- John Hazen White’s LOOKOUT: Heeding Block’s Call for Bold Actions
- NEW: Fung Campaign Calls on Ken Block to Release Tax Returns
- Schaper: Fung, Block, Gina, Pell, Angel of Debt
- NEW: Block Blasts Chafee and Raimondo on “Closed Door Deal Making”
- NEW: GOP Candidate Block Unveils Plan to “Fix Rhode Island”
- NEW: Block Calls Out Raimondo, Taveras, Fung for Ties to Fox