Third Quarter Home Sales Figures Show Ups and Downs
Tuesday, November 02, 2010
Fueled by lingering economic woes, news of fraudulent investigations in the foreclosure market, and potential changes resulting from the today’s election, consumer uncertainty appears to have slowed the market recovery that began in Rhode Island last year. Single family home sales and median price had been rising through the second quarter of 2010, but third quarter sales data showed a sharp trend reversal in the number of properties sold. Median price, however, has continued to show healthy gains, because the rate of lower priced foreclosures and short sales declined.
- RI Home Sales Drop, Median Price Rises in September
- The Arcade: Historic Treasure Worth Saving
- Rhode Island Housing Affordability Drops in 2009
- Real Estate News: Good Word on Housing
- Attorney General Patrick Lynch Joins Nationwide Foreclosure Fiasco Investigation