Foreclosures in RI Fall 25.2% from This Time Last Year
Thursday, August 12, 2010
According to the California-based real estate tracking firm, 378 Rhode Island properties (or, one in every 1,195 homes) received a foreclosure notice this July. The state's foreclosure rate is ranked the 36th highest in the 50 states.
However, RealtyTrac also said that the number of notices filed in Rhode Island in July increased 15.6% compared to the previous month.
But how does this compare to the national average? The Ocean State seems to be faring a bit better. RealtyTrac said one in every 397 homes received a foreclosure notice in July, compared to Rhode Island's one in 1,195.
- Foreclosure Rate Drops in Rhode Island
- Foreclosures Sold at 30% Discount in First Quarter 2010
- Foreclosures Up 19 Percent
- Foreclosures in RI Fall 25.2% from This Time Last Year
- Home Prices Up: a trend?
- Housing trends continue in positive move
- RI Condo Market on the Rebound
- Real Estate News: Good Word on Housing
- Robitaille: Times Are Tougher Than Ever for RI
- Archambault Promises Crackdown on Mortgage Fraud
- Fernandez Aims to Protect Consumers from Fraud and Abuse