CITY OF PROVIDENCE: DOCKET FOR SPECIAL MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL June 19
Friday, June 16, 2017
ON June 19, 2017
ACTING COUNCIL PRESIDENT SABINA MATOS PRESIDING
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
CALL FOR SPECIAL MEETING
1. Request filed with the City Clerk, June 16, 2017, Requesting a Special Meeting of the City Council to be Called on the 19th day of June, 2017 at 5:30 o'clock P.M., in the City Council Chamber, Third Floor, City Hall.
WARRANT FOR SPECIAL MEETING
2. Warrant of the City Clerk to David Tassoni, City Sergeant with Return Certification that he has notified each Member of the City Council of the Special Meeting Called for the 19th day of June, 2017 at 5:30 o'clock P.M., in the City Council Chamber, Third Floor, City Hall.
APPOINTMENT BY HIS HONOR THE MAYOR
3. Communication from His Honor the Mayor, dated June 7, 2017, Informing the Honorable Members of the City Council that pursuant to Section 302(b) of the Providence Home Rule Charter of 1980, as amended and Public Law, Chapter 45-50, Sections 1 through 31 passed in 1987, he is this day appointing Natalya A. Buckler, Esquire of 41 Westword Road, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, as the Municipal Integrity Officer for the Ethics Commission, and respectfully submits the same for your approval.
ORDINANCES(S) SECOND READING
The Following Ordinances were in City Council June 15, 2017, Read and Passed the First Time and are returned for Passage the Second Time:
4. An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 263 of Chapter 2016-21, Adopted June 20, 2016 Providing for the Assessment and Collection of 2016 Taxes in a sum not less than Three Hundred Fifty One Million Eight Hundred and Fifty Four Thousand Two Hundred Twelve Dollars ($351,854,212) and not more than Three Hundred Sixty Five Million Nine Hundred and Twenty Eight Thousand and Three Hundred Eighty One Dollars ($365,928,381) being based on a One Hundred Percent (100%) of the 2016-2017 Fiscal Year Tax Collections, and setting the rates for Fiscal Year 2018. (Sponsored by Councilman Aponte, by request)
5. An Ordinance in Amendment of Chapter 2016-22, No. 264, Approved June 20, 2016 of the Ordinances of the City of Providence, making an Appropriation of Seven Hundred Seventeen Million, Nine Hundred Fifty-Four Thousand, Eighty-Five Dollars and no cents ($717,954,085.00), for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2017, As Amended. (Sponsored by Councilman Aponte, by request)
6. An Ordinance Establishing a Compensation Plan for the City of Providence and Repealing Ordinance Chapter 2016-23, No. 265, Approved June 20, 2016, As Amended. (Sponsored by Councilman Aponte, by request)
7. An Ordinance Establishing the Classes of Positions, the Maximum Number of Employees and the Number of Employees in Certain Classes in the City Departments and Repealing Ordinance Chapter 2016-24, No. 266, Approved June 20, 2016, As Amended. (Sponsored by Councilman Aponte, by request)
8. An Ordinance making an Appropriation of Three Hundred Seventy Seven Million Nine Hundred Seventy Thousand and Seven Hundred Three Dollars ($377,970,703), for the support of the Providence School Department for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2018, and Repealing Ordinance Chapter 2016-25, No. 267, Approved June 20, 2016. (Sponsored by Councilman Aponte, by request)
9. An Ordinance Amending a Compensation Plan for the Providence School Department and Repealing Ordinance Chapter 2016-26, No. 268, Approved June 20, 2016. (Sponsored by Councilman Aponte, by request)
10. An Ordinance Establishing the Classes of Positions, the Maximum Number of Employees and the Employees in Certain Classes in the Providence School Department and Repealing Ordinance Chapter 2016-27, No. 269, Approved June 20, 2016. (Sponsored by Councilman Aponte, by request)
11. An Ordinance in accordance with Chapter 21, Section 19 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Providence, Entitled: "Capital Equipment Budget," As Amended. (Sponsored by Councilman Igliozzi)
PRESENTATION OF ORDINANCE
12. Councilman Principe
An Ordinance Amending Chapter 27, "Zoning," Article 19, "Zoning Applications and Approvals" of the Code of Ordinances to add Section 1919, "Atwells, Broadway and Westminster Commercial Corridors."
PRESENTATION OF RESOLUTION
13. Councilman Yurdin
Resolution Honoring the Life of Alan G. Tortolani and requesting that the field at Paterson Park be named in his memory.
14. Communication from Kathryn M. Sabatini, dated May 26, 2017, submitting her resignation as the Municipal Integrity Officer of the Ethics Commission, effective July 1, 2017.
The City Council will Convene in the Chamber of the City Council, City Hall
on Monday, June 19, 2017 at 5:30 o’clock PM.
LORI L. HAGEN