CITY OF PROVIDENCE: Committee on Finance Meeting Oct. 12
Tuesday, October 10, 2017
1. An Ordinance Granting a Tax Exemption and Establishing a Tax Stabilization Plan for 345 Harris Avenue.
2. An Ordinance Granting a Tax Exemption and Establishing a Tax Stabilization Plan for 59 Westminster Street.
3. An Ordinance Establishing a Tax Stabilization Agreement for PCHC Beaman and Smith Mill, LLC, located at 335R Prairie Avenue.
4. An Ordinance Establishing a Tax Exemption and Stabilization Plan for the Aspen Group, Inc., for 220 Blackstone Street and 220 Blackstone Street Rear.
5. An Ordinance Relating to Article IV, Chapter 17, Section 17-192(F) of the Code of Ordinances (Disability Waiver Request). (Kevin Broccoli).
6. Resolution Requesting to cancel or abate in whole the taxes assessed upon Assessor's Plat 62, Lot 360 (10 Benton Street), in the amount of Sixteen Thousand Ninety Nine Dollars and Seventy Three ($16,099.73) Cents, or any taxes accrued, on behalf of the Olneyville Housing Corporation and that the property is declared exempt in accordance with Rhode Island General Law 45-32-40.
7. Resolution Requesting to cancel or abate in whole the taxes assessed upon Assessor's Plat 62, Lot 352 (11 Benton Street), in the amount of Fifty Thousand Nine Hundred Eleven Dollars and Fifty Five ($50,911.55) Cents, or any taxes accrued, on behalf of the Olneyville Housing Corporation and that the property is declared exempt in accordance with Rhode Island General Law 45-32-40.
8. Resolution Authorizing Approval of the following Change Order #1 Contract Award by the Board of Contract and Supply, in accordance with Section 21-26 of the Code of Ordinances.
High Output, Inc. $5,563.75
(Art, Culture & Tourism)
9. Communication from His Honor the Mayor, dated September 20, 2017, Informing the Honorable Members of the City Council that pursuant to Sections 302(b) and 1013 of the Providence Home Rule Charter of 1980, as amended and Public Law, Chapter 45-50, Sections 1 through 31 passed in 1987, he is this day appointing Sol Taubin of 20 Winfield Road, Providence, Rhode Island 02906, as a general category citizenry member of the City Plan Commission for a term to end January 31, 2019, and respectfully submits the same for your approval. (Ms. Taubin will replace Ms. Church who has passed away.)
PER ORDER THE Committee on Finance
Councilman John J. Igliozzi, Chairman
Offices and City Council Chambers are accessible to individuals with disabilities. If you are in need of interpreter services for the hearing impaired, please contact the Office of Neighborhood Services at 421-7768 not less than 48 hours in advance of the hearing date.