CITY OF PROVIDENCE: Committee on Finance Meeting May 22
Friday, May 19, 2017
ONGOING BUDGET DELIBERATIONS
The following department has been invited:
Department of Human Resources
Sybil Bailey, Director
Steven Rotondo, Deputy Director
Margaret Wingate, Manager of Employee Benefits
1. An Ordinance Amending Ordinance No. 263 of Chapter 2016-21, Adopted June 20, 2016 Providing for the Assessment and Collection of 2016 Taxes in a sum not less than Three Hundred Fifty One Million Eight Hundred and Fifty Four Thousand Two Hundred Twelve Dollars ($351,854,212) and not more than Three Hundred Sixty Five Million Nine Hundred and Twenty Eight Thousand and Three Hundred Eighty One Dollars ($365,928,381) being based on a One Hundred Percent (100%) of the 2016-2017 Fiscal Year Tax Collections, and setting the rates for Fiscal Year 2018.
2. An Ordinance in Amendment of Chapter 2016-22, No. 264, Approved June 20, 2016 of the Ordinances of the City of Providence, making an Appropriation of Seven Hundred Seventeen Million, Nine Hundred Fifty-Four Thousand, Eighty-Five Dollars and no cents ($717,954,085.00), for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2017, As Amended.
3. An Ordinance Establishing a Compensation Plan for the City of Providence and Repealing Ordinance Chapter 2016-23, No. 265, Approved June 20, 2016, As Amended.
4. An Ordinance Establishing the Classes of Positions, the Maximum Number of Employees and the Number of Employees in Certain Classes in the City Departments and Repealing Ordinance Chapter 2016-24, No. 266, Approved June 20, 2016, As Amended.
5. An Ordinance making an Appropriation of Three Hundred Seventy Seven Million Nine Hundred Seventy Thousand and Seven Hundred Three Dollars ($377,970,703), for the support of the Providence School Department for the Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2018, and Repealing Ordinance Chapter 2016-25, No. 267, Approved June 20, 2016.
6. An Ordinance Amending a Compensation Plan for the Providence School Department and Repealing Ordinance Chapter 2016-26, No. 268, Approved June 20, 2016.
7. An Ordinance Establishing the Classes of Positions, the Maximum Number of Employees and the Employees in Certain Classes in the Providence School Department and Repealing Ordinance Chapter 2016-27, No. 269, Approved June 20, 2016.
8. An Ordinance Authorizing the City Council to implement the Capital Improvement Plan.
PER ORDER THE Committee on Finance
Chairman John O. Igliozzi, Chairman
Offices and City Council Chambers are accessible to individuals with disabilities. If you are in need of interpreter services for the hearing impaired, please contact the Office of Neighborhood Services at 421-7768 not less than 48 hours in advance of the hearing date.