poll: Which is Worse - Closing Highways or Pools for Political Reasons?
Thursday, January 09, 2014
Which is Worse - closing Highways or Pools for Political Reasons?
This past summer, two Democratic members of the Providence City Council charged that the City pools in their wards were closed by the Taveras Administration as punishment for not supporting the Mayor's tax increase.
Both Providence Council members Davian Sanchez and Sabina Mattos claim Taveras punished their neighborhoods.
As GoLocal reported in October, City Councilman Davian Sanchez said he was told by the Mayor's office would be cemented if he didn't vote for the budget.
"I was told by an aide of the Mayor -- who was just a messenger -- that if I didn't vote for the budget, the pool would be closed, and ultimately cemented," said Sanchez.
Which of these political episodes are worse? Your turn to vote.
- GoLocal Looks At Providence’s Public Pools
- NEW: Sanchez Says Taveras Threatened to Cement Pool Over Politics
- In Case You Missed It: Secret City Report Made Case for Pools
- New: Rhode Island State Rep Williams Calls for Mayor to Open Pool
- In Case You Missed It: Taveras Closes Pool
- Providence City Council Members Weigh in on Davey Lopes Pool
- LISTEN- Providence Pool Demolition Costs Nearly as Much as Rehab
- Providence GOP Leaders Demand Mayor Keep Davey Lopes Pool Open
- LISTEN- Taveras Cracks Down on Providence Employees Speaking About Pools
- Providence Pool Demolition Costs Nearly as Much as Rehab
- Local Contractors Offer To Donate Labor For Repairs To City Pool
- Providence Youth Outraged at Lack of Pools in Heat Wave
- NEW: Letter to ACLU Claims Pool Closing Violates City Charter
- Taveras Admin’s Decision to Close Pool Called Political and Racist
- EXCLUSIVE: Councilwoman Says Taveras Broke Promise on Pool
- NEW: Sanchez Gets Agreement From Taveras to Avoid Pool Demolition
- Taveras Cracks Down on Providence Employees Speaking About Pools