URI Appoints Mahoney as Executive Director of External Relations and Communications
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Mahoney is a resident of North Kingstown and a graduate of URI in 2002. Mahoney will take over for Kerrie Bennett who served the same position in an interim role until June of 2014.
The announcement was made by URI President David Dooley.
“Kelly has a comprehensive and deep knowledge of the workings of state government, from the intricacies of the budget process, to big picture initiatives, such as economic development and improving our educational system, which will help move our state and its flagship university forward,” Dooley said of the new hire.
In her new role with URI, Mahoney reports to the president and is a member of his senior leadership team.
She will serve as lead University liaison to the Rhode Island General Assembly, Office of the Governor, the Rhode Island Board of Education and the Council on Postsecondary Education.
“I bring my government relations and policy experience to the University, and will work hard to add value to everything that is happening at URI,” Mahoney said of her new role.
- Alex and Ani Donates $1 Million to Support URI Research
- Pulitzer Prize Winner, Angwin, to Give Lecture at URI
- Federal Trade Commissioner to Speak at URI
- URI Providence: Nine Degrees for the Working Adult
- URI Student, Alex and Ani Design Bracelets to Benefit Clean Water Charity
- NEW: Pell Hires Former Chafee Policy Director Mahoney