Trillo Supports NFL’s Decision Requiring Players to Stand for National Anthem
Saturday, May 26, 2018
NFL said in their statement on Wednesday that players who do not stand will see their respective teams fined.
The policy allows players to stay in the locker room for the anthem.
Trillo released the following statement:
“I congratulate President Trump for rightfully taking the lead on this and sticking to his guns about putting pressure on the NFL to finally do the right thing. I still feel, however, that the NFL should have mandated that if players are going to play football, they must be required to show respect for this country by reporting to the field and standing for the national anthem. Allowing them to remain in their locker rooms gives players an out, and an opportunity to continue to make political statements.
The kneeling controversy has cost the NFL a lot of money over the last couple of years, and will continue to do so, until team owners get their players fully in line. It’s up to the owners to please the super majority of fans who go to a game to be entertained, not be subjected to the political opinions of others. Maybe the NFL has finally heard who’s in charge, and that’s the paying customers who fill seats at NFL stadiums across the country.”
Related Slideshow: The 17 Patriots Players Who Knelt During National Anthem
- NFL to Fine Teams if Players Kneel During National Anthem
- Trillo Announces For Governor as Independent - Does That Doom RI GOP?
- Trillo Blasts Mayor Elorza for Municipal ID Program
- Trillo Fires Back at Fung “Minions”
- Trillo and Rickman: Two Different Views of the Starbucks Arrests
- Trillo Has “Real Problem” with Frias Not Supporting Trump
- Trillo Introduces Wisconsin-Style Bill in RI
- NEW: Rep. Trillo Named Honorary Chairman of Trump for President Campaign in RI
- LIVE: Trillo on Trump’s State of the Union—& Surrogate Mark Burns in RI on Friday
- Gubernatorial Candidate Trillo Says “No Simple 100% Solution” to Protecting Schools
- Trillo Calls for Investigation Into RI’s Illegal Sanctuary State Actions
- “I Won’t Be Politically Correct,” Said Former State Rep & Trump Campaign Chair Trillo on LIVE