Travis Rowley: Rowley Challenges Rhode Island Voters
Saturday, October 20, 2012
It is no small thing, the general outlook and religion of a governing body. At the end of the day, this is what ultimately informs the policies it sets in place – policies that have real-world consequences and that affect real people’s lives.
Policies that may serve to expand individual liberty, or to restrict it.
Today, Rhode Island is living under the consequences of decades upon decades of Democratic decisions. Our dismal business climate is undoubtedly linked to the fact that the state is among the highest taxed, most regulated, and heavily unionized places in the entire country. It is vital to note that these circumstances are not the results of chance. For some reason, elected Democrats considered it wise to enact such terms.
What convictions – what worldview – triggers such decisions? Democrats, Liberals, Progressives – Who are they? What do they believe? These are the questions I set out to answer each week on the pages of GoLocalProv.
Rhode Island’s problems are rooted in the fundamental morality and philosophy of its ruling political party. It is my utmost belief that, before we can solve Rhode Island’s problems, we must first comprehend the political culture of the Rhode Island Left. We must expose the assumptions they hold, the myths they spread, and the lies they tell. That’s what “Travis’ Challenge” aims to accomplish.
- Travis Rowley: Democrats Fear Freedom
- Travis Rowley: Now Jim Langevin is Lying
- Travis Rowley: Dependency and Democrats
- Travis Rowley: Outlaw Government Unions
- Travis Rowley: Don’t Blame Schilling
- Travis Rowley: Plain-ly Ridiculous
- Travis Rowley: Fire Radical Teachers
- Travis Rowley: Politics & the Pope
- Travis Rowley’s Quick Hits
- Travis Rowley: Government Begets More Government
- Travis Rowley: Profiles in Cowardice – Senator Jim Sheehan
- Travis Rowley: A Thousand Falsehoods
- Travis Rowley: Hendricken, Progressives, and Homosexuality
- Travis Rowley: And So it Begins
- Travis Rowley: Left and Right - A Starting Point
- Travis Rowley: Conservatives Who Hate the GOP
- Travis Rowley: Let it Trickle Down