The Scoop: Raimondo Set to Break Quarterly Fundraising Record
Friday, October 11, 2013
Raimondo Set to Break Fundraising Record for a Quarter
GoLocal has learned that likely 2014 gubernatorial candidate Gina Raimondo posted a record-breaking third quarter of fundraising in the financial period ending Sept. 30.
According to members of Raimondo’s team, the State Treasurer raised over $400,000 last quarter, which began on July 1 and ended Sept. 30.
Although the Raimondo camp has not released the exact figures yet, an estimate of $400,000 would bring Raimondo total cash on hand to more than $2.46 million, which would be the most money a candidate running for state office in Rhode Island has ever finished a three-month period with.
Raimondo finished the last fundraising period (April 1 through June 30) with $2,063,548 on hand after raising $399,420.
The news comes just one day after The Scoop reported that a recent gubernatorial primary poll commissioned by Angel Taveras—which showed the Providence Mayor with a commanding lead—might have strengthened Raimondo’s recent fundraising efforts.
In comparison, Frank Caprio—who was the gubernatorial fundraising leader in 2010—posted his best quarterly period from April 1 through June 30, 2010 when he raised $320,789. After expenses, that brought his campaign total to $1,742,505.
Although Raimondo’s fundraising tally is record-setting on a state level, U.S. Senator Jack Reed currently has more money in his re-election war chest. In fact, Reed—who is seeking his fourth term—raised more than $704,411 during the three-month period ending June 30, which, after expenses, brought his fundraising total to $2,566,703.
Look for more specific financial information to be revealed later this month, as candidates are required to submit their third quarter fundraising by Oct. 31.
Despite the deadline being weeks away, Cranston Mayor Allan Fung released his third quarter fundraising totals on Thursday. Fung, who launched an exploratory committee for governor last month, raised roughly $102,000—bringing his fundraising total to more than a quarter of a million dollars.
Taveras, who has yet to release his third quarter fundraising figures, finished the last quarter with $692,590.12 cash on hand.
Source of data: ricampaignfinance.com
See More Scoops Below
If you have a scoop for The Scoop, please email it to [email protected]
- The Scoop - EngageRI Folds - RI News and Politics at 4 pm
- The Scoop - Reed Talks Syria - RI News and Politics at 4 pm
- The Scoop: Fontaine Issues Gag Order, Impact of Fed Shutdown on RI
- The Scoop - Fmr. State Rep is Representing Cheaters Strip Club
- The Scoop - Rep. Shekarchi Not Ruling Out Run for Lt. Governor
- The Scoop: Fung Emboldened by Position in Brown Poll
- The Scoop - Fung Exploring Gov Run - RI News and Politics at 4 pm
- The Scoop - Sionni to Protest Taveras’ Fundraiser
- The Scoop: Giroux to Run for Gov, RI Tea Party Talks Obamacare
- The Scoop - Fung: Here’s How to Make RI More Competitive
- The Scoop - Whitehouse Talks State and Federal Marijuana Laws
- The Scoop: RI GOP To Name US Senate Candidate, Metts Blasts Gist
- The Scoop - Ken Block Offers Alternatives to Sales Tax Elimination
- The Scoop - Winning the Latino Vote - RI News and Politics at 4 pm
- The Scoop: Raimondo Launches Poll, Nunes Angry over E. Coli
- The Scoop - Napolitano: RIGOP Should Have Raffled A Different Gun
- The Scoop: Block Calls Out GOP Leaders, Costa Talks Gun Raffle
- The Scoop: Taveras Poll Boosted Raimondo Fundraising; More
- The Scoop - 8 Ways the Gov’t Shutdown Will Impact Rhode Island
- The Scoop - No More Sales Tax? - RI News and Politics at 4 pm
- The Scoop: Candidate Levies Corruption Charge Against Taveras
- The Scoop: Woonsocket Mayoral Showdown Today
- The Scoop - Does RI GOP Want Ken Block Or Not?
- The Scoop - RI Will No Longer Do Business with Iran
- The Scoop: Ethics Commission Lawyer - Fox Investigation 90 Days