slides: The Scoop: Cianci Endorsed by Impacto Hispano, Duffy and Nee Team Up for Magaziner, and More
Monday, November 03, 2014
With the General Election tomorrow, GoLocal is bringing you the daily campaign updates of note -- who's getting new endorsements, bringing in money, or making big, bold announcements, with all eyes on November 4.
In today's Scoop, the Impacto Hispano Newspaper Panel has endorsed Independent Candidate Vincent A. Cianci, Jr. for Mayor, AFL-CIO President George Nee and Rhode Island business leader Jon Duffy urge voters to support Magaziner, and more.
Related Slideshow: The Scoop-November 3, 2014
Impacto Hispano Newpaper Panel Endorses Cianci for Mayor
The Impacto Hispano Newspaper Panel has endorsed Independent Candidate Vincent A. Cianci, Jr. for Mayor of Providence.
Bob Cooper, Impacto Hispano co-Publisher and reporter for Impacto Hispano Newspaper/SuperMax News Network said, “We appreciate the time Buddy Cianci devoted to fielding questions on the future of Providence from a racially and ethnically diverse editorial group of local media and community members who comprised our panel. While we hoped to hear from all three Providence mayoral candidates, Buddy Cianci was the only one who participated. Scheduling Dan Harrop was impossible. Jorge Elorza was scheduled twice, and cancelled twice. We thank Buddy Cianci for responding, in person and despite his busy schedule, to the questions of special concern to members of Providence’s diverse communities.”
AFL-CIO President Nee and Rhode Island business Duffy Urge Voters to Support Magaziner
AFL-CIO President George Nee and Rhode Island business leader Jon Duffy have co-authored a letter asking Rhode Islanders to support Democratic candidate Seth Magaziner for General Treasurer.
The contents of the letter is below:
The head of the Rhode Island AFL-CIO and a Rhode Island business leader don’t always see eye-to-eye, but today we are united by a common desire to see Rhode Island succeed. We ask you join us in electing Seth Magaziner as our next General Treasurer.
Rhode Island is facing some tremendous challenges and it’s time for smart, honest, fresh leadership to get Rhode Island working again.
Seth understands these challenges and knows what it takes to get our economy growing and creating jobs. His Blueprint addresses our crumbling infrastructure and will invest more locally, so that we create jobs and business opportunities right here in Rhode Island, not other states.
Seth is a capable investment professional. He will bring a steady hand to our state’s finances and ensure that we never face another pension crisis, because Rhode Islanders deserve certainty and stability.
We are joined by a wide and diverse group of business leaders, labor unions, advocacy groups and proven leaders who are supporting Seth because they know he will be an exceptional Treasurer and advocate for the people of Rhode Island, and so do we.
We ask that you will, please, join us and countless other Rhode Islanders by casting your vote for Seth Magaziner for General Treasurer on Tuesday, November 4th.
Jon Duffy, President, Duffy & Shanley
George Nee, President, Rhode Island AFL-CIO
Fung Holds Last Rally Before Election Day
Earlier this morning, Republican candidate for Governor Allan Fung held one last rally before Election Day at 8:00 a.m. at his campaign headquarters.
Fung was joined by RGA Chairman, Governor Chris Christie.
Fung also released one last political ad, "Momentum is with Mayor Allan Fung".
See ad below
Gallup Poll Shows "Obama Effect Likely Negative in Key Senate Races"
According to a recent Gallup poll, President Barack Obama's low approval ratings may have a negative effect on important Senate races in the mid-elections in six states.
These states include Iowa, Kansas, Arkansas, North Carolina, Georgia, and Colorado.
- The Scoop: Fung Confirms Christie RI Visit, Almonte Blasts Magaziner on Disclosure, and More
- The Scoop: McKee Unveils Business Initiatives, Cianci to Announce Waterfront Plan, and More
- The Scoop: Fung Hits Back at Negative Ad, Dems Blast Fung-Christie Connections, and More
- The Scoop: Elorza Unveils Ethics Agenda, Latest Endorsements Announced, and More
- The Scoop: RI Democratic Governors Association Blasts Fung, Christie, and More
- The Scoop: Cianci, Elorza Spar Over Public Safety, GOP Ups the Heat on Raimondo/Reed Ad, and More
- The Scoop: RenewRI Critical of GA’s Handling of ConCon, Fung’s Latest Endorsement, and More
- The Scoop: Taylor Announces New Team Members, New Lending Rules Applauded, and More
- The Scoop: Kilmartin Hits Back at Hodgson, Harrop Urges Right-To-Work Municipal Ordinance, and More
- The Scoop: Fung’s Plan to Reform Taxes, Gorbea Adds to Campaign Team, and More
- The Scoop: RI GOP Blasts Raimondo/Reed Commercial, Lynch Called for Pierson Resignation, and More
- The Scoop: RIC to Host Politics and Social Media Panel, Harrop Questions Cianci’s Health, and More
- The Scoop: Magaziner and Almonte Endorsement Duel, Uber Offering Election Day Rides, and More
- The Scoop: Elorza Requests Investigation Into Possible Ballot Tampering, Fung Tours Brutopia
- The Scoop: Fung Releases New Television Ad, Smith Blasts Paiva-Weed, and More
- The Scoop: Fung Blasts Raimondo on Campaign Contribution, Kilmartin Hits Hodgson Over NRA, and More
- The Scoop: Profughi Questions Brown Poll, Hodgson Releases NRA Survey, and More
- The Scoop: Smith Blasts Paiva-Weed on False Allegations, Elorza Questions Cianci’s Apology, and More
- The Scoop: Fung Blasts Raimondo on RI Housing, Taylor Calls McKee on Flip-Flop, and More
- The Scoop: Michelle Obama’s Raimondo Video Message, Gorbea’s New Ad, and More
- The Scoop: Brown’s Quinn to Head Watson Institute Communications, Fung on Sales Tax, and More
- The Scoop: Legislative Scorecard Released, Darrell West on Hardball, and More
- The Scoop: RI Dems Blasts Fung on Flip-Flop, New Magaziner Ad, and More
- The Scoop: Magaziner Calls Almonte a Liar, Cianci Blasts Harrop’s Elorza Donation, and More
- The Scoop: Obama, Raimondo Dine at Gregg’s, Fung Calls Out Raimondo on Ethical Standards and More