poll: Should Gov Candidate Ken Block Release His Tax Returns?
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
Should Gov Candidate Ken Block Release His Tax Returns?
The failure by Block to release the info has attracted the criticism of Cranston Mayor Allan Fung's campaign manager - Patrick Sweeney. Fung and Block will face each other in September in the GOP primary.
"One of the steps we can take to restore faith in government is to voluntarily provide financial disclosure. Mayor Fung is committed to good government and transparency, which is why he released his returns," said Sweeney.
Block's Campaign Defends Decision
"Ken Block, unlike all the other candidates, actually runs a company and has a S-Corp. The way it works, all the company's income is charged to you personally. So his competitor could go in and look at contracts, bidding strategies, it's not something Ken's going to do," said Jeff Britt, Campaign Manager to Block.
Fung and Block battle - Conflicts v Obama
The battle over releasing tax returns is just the latest in the battle between Fung's and Block's campaigns.
"Ken absolutely agrees that when Governor, he'll release his tax returns, because he won't be running the company, and subsequently filing for the S-Corp. Ken believes elected officials should release income tax return information so that people know our politicians don't have conflicts,"said Britt.
Similarly, Fung's Sweeney fired back, "It's bad enough that Ken Block voted twice for President Obama and supported ObamaCare, but now he's refusing to release his tax returns. This just adds to concerns that Republicans have about Ken Block. What is he hiding?"
Do you think Block should release his tax returns?
- Arthur Schaper: Fung: Full Disclosure on Funding and Failures
- Block: Fung + Raimondo “Engage in Destructive Political Games”
- NEW: Fung Volunteer Tweets Racial Comments About Obama
- NEW: Block Blasts Chafee and Raimondo on “Closed Door Deal Making”
- NEW: Fung Campaign Calls on Ken Block to Release Tax Returns
- Fung Death Incident Not Alone in Politics
- NEW: Fung to Speak at Northeast Republican Leadership Conference
- NEW: Block Calls Out Raimondo, Taveras, Fung for Ties to Fox
- NEW: GOP Candidate Block Unveils Plan to “Fix Rhode Island”
- NEW: Cranston Police Union Attorney Blasts Fung Proposal
- NEW: Westerly Republican Town Committee Endorses Allan Fung
- NEW: Block Islander Brian Williams Rapping Goes Viral
- NEW: Ken Block Receives Endorsement From RI Taxpayers
- NEW: Fung As Councilman Voted for Gun Limits, Costa Reacts
- Riley: Cranston and Mayor Fung Play the Hand that was Dealt
- NEW: Block: Fung Flip-Flops on Corporate Tax Cut
- NEW: Ken Block Receives Endorsement From Rep. Doreen Costa
- NEW: Fung Calls For Fox to Step Down From Speaker
- Russell Moore: Fung’s Folly
- NEW: Cape Air Announces Service to Block Island
- Projo and Other Daily Papers Hire Lobbyists to Block Budget Reform
- NEW: Fung Calls for Chafee and Raimondo to “Come Clean” on Pensions
- Taveras + Fung Nearly Tied in State Employee Donations
- NEW: Doherty Campaign Manager Endorses Ken Block
- RI Public Radio Reporter Says Station Blocking Her Unemployment
- NEW: Fung Responds to Obamacare Diagnosis as “Job Killer”
- Fung and Block: Do Either Represent GOP on Guns?
- NEW: Former Radio Host Helen Glover Endorses Block for Governor
- Richard August: Block Island Deer Slaughter Canceled
- Block Blasts Fung, Taveras, Raimondo for Support of Fox
- NEW: Fung Responds to Supporter’s Racial Tweets about Obama
- John Hazen White’s LOOKOUT: Heeding Block’s Call for Bold Actions
- NEW: Fung + Block to Compete in Straw Poll at North Kingstown GOP
- Schaper: Fung, Block, Gina, Pell, Angel of Debt