RI Favorites - Chafee’s Tax Breaks on Cars and Home
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Stories about wealthy politicians seeking out tax breaks aren’t necessarily new—but Chafee ran on a platform of being a different kind of politician, one who set a higher bar for himself than others seeking office. He also ran as the truth-teller on taxes, putting Rhode Islanders on notice that he planned to raise taxes and calling on all taxpayers to share the burden. All this made a story about his efforts to rack up tax breaks that much more interesting and relevant to Rhode Islanders as they headed to the polls the next day.
- Chafee: More Unpaid Taxes?
- Chafees Own as Much as $100K in BP Stock
- Chafee Benefits from Tax Breaks on RI Properties
- Chafee Guilty of ‘Cronyism’?
- Chafee Hitting Hot Button Issues
- Chafee’s Properties: View the Documents