RI Campaign Update - Kilmartin Releases Plan for Protecting Women
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
His plan includes enforcing labor laws for gender equality in the workplace; protecting victims of domestic violence from discrimination in employment, housing, and health insurance; eradicating sex trafficking; and educating women about consumer spending.
His plan also emphasizes the need to prosecute criminals who commit crimes against women.
“Increasing the office of Attorney General’s accessibility to women who have had crimes committed against them will be a top priority of my administration,” Kilmartin said.
Kilmartin already has a record of passing and enforcing laws to protect women. He introduced a law requiring insurance companies to cover reconstructive surgery for breast cancer patients who undergo mastectomies and strengthened preexisting domestic violence laws.
- RI Campaign Update - GOP Candidate Urges Mollis to Take Action on Ballot
- RI Campaign Update - Independent Candidate Blasts Democrats for Skipping Education Forum
- RI Campaign Update - Lombardi Releases Economic Plan
- RI Campaign Update - Wallin Fires Opening Salvo Against Kilmartin
- RI Campaign Update – AG Candidate Responds to ‘Attack Ad’
- RI Campaign Update – Democrats Urge King to Return Florida License
- RI Campaign Update - Chafee Gets Two Big Union Endorsements