Exclusive: Raimondo Releases First Campaign Ad
Monday, October 11, 2010
General Treasurer candidate Gina Raimondo today released her first ad of the campaign, in which she discusses how her family and professional background influence how she would approach the office.
“It gives our campaign an opportunity to introduce Gina Raimondo to the voters,” said Joe Shekarchi, her campaign manager. “It’s a very positive piece. It’s a bio piece. It explains who she is and what she wants to do as Treasurer.”
The ad, which was produced by Rabin Strasberg MEDIA, a Washington, DC-based firm, begins airing tonight on all major networks and a number of cable channels, according to Shekarchi. He said the campaign made a significant media buy, although he declined to discuss the specific cost.
Raimondo’s Republican opponent, Kerry King, has been airing radio and television ads for several weeks. Shekarchi noted that even before the release of her first ad, Raimondo had a 20-point lead in the two most recent polls. “That’s a credit to our candidate and our campaign and all the events we have been doing,” Shekarchi said. “We’ve been running a very aggressive hard-working campaign for the last six months.”
- King Releases Tax Returns, Raimondo Won’t
- King Releases Tax Returns, Says Raimondo Refuses To
- Raimondo Beats King in Fundraising Race
- Raimondo Releases Financial Information
- Raimondo Explains Why She Won’t Release Tax Returns
- Raimondo on Creating Financial Independence
- Raimondo: Democrats Prevented Second Great Depression