Raimondo Blasts Fung & Trillo for “Failing Small Businesses”
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
“Governor Raimondo created the state’s first small business loan program, established the nation’s first statewide 10,000 Small Businesses partnership, and has cut taxes, cut regulations and cut red tape. She’s bringing the change that small businesses need. Because of that, more Rhode Islanders started a business this year than last year. But that won’t stop Allan Fung from rooting against Rhode Island and Rhode Islanders," said Raimondo campaign Senior Advisor Mike Raia.
Raia added, "Mayor Fung and Joe Trillo will eliminate the successful small business programs Gina’s put in place and put the jobs these local companies have created at risk. Even more, Allan Fung’s decade-long record of raising taxes will make it harder for entrepreneurs to thrive in Rhode Island. Allan tries to hide his failed record with photo opps and hashtags, but Rhode Island entrepreneurs and business owners see right through it. They know that the Mayor’s opposition to Gina’s investments in job training and access to capital will set them back."
According to the press release, Raimondo will attend a graduation ceremony for 10,000 Small Businesses on Tuesday night.
Last month, Fung announced his plan to help small businesses in Rhode Island.
Fung's plan, “Standing Up for Small Business” features seven guidelines and ideas to help small businesses in Rhode Island.
RI GOP Skips RIBBA Gala
As GoLocalProv editorialized about on Monday, there were no Republican candidates for elected officials at the Rhode Island Black Business Association Gala on Friday.
As GoLocal wrote, “Mayor Allan Fung, Judge Robert Flanders, Chairman Brandon Bell, and National Committeeman Steve Frias — where were you?
One can’t imagine John Chafee, Ed DiPrete, Lincoln Almond, Don Carcieri, or Ron Machtley missing the night. All had solid records on supporting small business (and civil rights).
Where were the Republicans?”
Related Slideshow: 2018 Governor’s Race Playbook - October 8, 2018
Joe Trillo (I)
Trillo had a big week collecting the critical endorsement of Republican Patricia Morgan. The boost transforms his campaign from being a spoiler to a contender.
Trillo's strongest week of the campaign. Now, can he keep the momentum going?
X-Factor: He has now expanded his base beyond just his Trump-base.
Gina Raimondo (D)
It was a good week for Governor Gina Raimondo as a result of fractionalization in the Republican party -- not necessarily because of any wins from campaign.
The Raimondo camp along with CCRI continued to spin the first-year results from the free-college RI Promise program, but the lack of transparency on the data -- such as lumping together the retention rate for both free-college and paying students as part of the "Promise" cohort -- has raised questions.
X-Factor: Does she go after Trillo now?
Allan Fung (R)
Tough week. With a month to go Fung should have already solidified the party, answered the pending Trump and Cranston police issues in Cranston from 2014, and now, should be focused on Raimondo's record and her vulnerabilities. But, that is not happening.
When four prominent Republican leaders announced that they are not endorsing you it is not good. Patricia Morgan has announced her endorsement of Joe Trillo and functionally brought along two former GOP candidates for governor Ken Block and John Robitaille as well as the beloved former RI Attorney General Arlen Violet.
X-Factor: Rumors out of Washington are that the Republican Governors Association are on the verge of pulling dollars out of Rhode Island. Danger zone!
Washington consultant and RI native Spencer Sullivan Tweeted the following last week:
@GoLocalProv the @rhodeislandgop can say all they want about @repmorgan’s endorsement but her endorsement of an independent candidate over a GOP candidate says more about the weakness and ineffectiveness of the Rhode Island GOP than anything they can say about her public service.
- Trillo Calls for Investigation Into RI’s Illegal Sanctuary State Actions
- Trillo Fires Back at Fung “Minions”
- Trillo and Rickman: Two Different Views of the Starbucks Arrests
- Gubernatorial Candidate Trillo Says “No Simple 100% Solution” to Protecting Schools
- LIVE: Trillo on Trump’s State of the Union—& Surrogate Mark Burns in RI on Friday
- “I Won’t Be Politically Correct,” Said Former State Rep & Trump Campaign Chair Trillo on LIVE
- Trillo Announces For Governor as Independent - Does That Doom RI GOP?
- Trillo Blasts Mayor Elorza for Municipal ID Program
- Trillo Blasts Rhode Island Over School Rankings
- Trillo Supports NFL’s Decision Requiring Players to Stand for National Anthem
- 2018 Gov’s Playbook: Race Between Raimondo, Fung and Trillo Is On
- VIDEO: Raimondo Says If She is Not Reelected RI Will Lose Jobs
- Raimondo Orders Flags to Fly at Half-Staff to Honor September 11 Anniversary
- VIDEO: Fung Talks About Taking RI Back, Says Raimondo’s Job Claim is False
- Raimondo Beats Back Brown in Democratic Primary: UPDATED
- Fung Focuses on Raimondo, Beats Morgan Handily UPDATED
- 2018 Gov’s Playbook: Raimondo Lands Biden, Brown Fails to Tap Sanders, and Morgan’s Moves
- Raimondo Wins Key Gun Control Organization’s Endorsement
- Raimondo Has Yet to Buy Latino Radio, But Has Spent Hundreds of Thousands with Sinclair
- Raimondo Announces 3rd Round of Wavemaker Fellowships
- Raimondo Claims Brown Campaign is $300K in Debt; Brown Fires Back on Raimondo Loans
- NEW: Anti-Power Plant, LNG Activists to Demonstrate at Raimondo Event Tonight
- Raimondo Attack Ad on Fung’s Cranston Shows the Wrong City
- Producer of Raimondo’s Cranston Ad Has Been Criticized for False Ads Previously
- Leading National Opioid Activist: Raimondo Should “Be Ashamed” for Taking Tainted Money
- Five Takeaways: 2018 Gubernatorial Debate with Trillo, Raimondo and Fung
- Raimondo & Mattiello Receive Outstanding Achievement Award from Tax Foundation
- UNAP Endorses Raimondo for Re-Election