NEW: RI State Lodge of Fraternal Order of Police Endorses Doherty
Thursday, November 01, 2012
The RIFOP also endorsed Mike Riley, Republican candidate for Congress in the Second Congressional District, and Sheldon Whitehouse, incumbent US Senator facing a challenge from Republican Barry Hinckley.
Doherty served as the Commissioner of Public Safety for the State of Rhode Island and Superintendent of the Rhode Island State Police from April 2007 to April 2011. Prior to returning as Superintendent, Colonel Doherty had spent twenty-four years with the State Police, retiring in 2004 as the Executive Officer and second in command.
During his 27 years in the State Police he received 24 commendations for outstanding police work.
- Cicilline & Doherty in Dead Heat: Experts React
- 10 Key Things to Watch in Tonight’s Cicilline/Doherty Debate
- Cicilline & Doherty at War Over Women’s Issues
- Cicilline & Doherty in Tossup: What to Watch For Down the Stretch
- Cicilline Ahead in Poll: Can Brendan Doherty Make a Comeback?
- Cicilline/Doherty Debate: Winners and Losers
- Doherty & Cicilline Battle Over Corporate Tax Rates
- Investigation: Cicilline vs. Doherty - Who Spent More In-State?
- NEW: Cicilline & Doherty Airing Attack Ads
- NEW: Cicilline Blasts Doherty Over Support for Pro-Drilling Bill
- NEW: Cicilline and Doherty in Dead Heat
- NEW: Cicilline and Doherty in Dead Heat in Brown Poll
- NEW: Cicilline’s New Ad Ties Doherty to National GOP