NEW: North Kingstown Dems Endorse Almonte for Treasurer
Thursday, April 24, 2014
"As Chairman of the North Kingstown Democratic Town Committee, I stand firm with my entire committee in the belief that Ernie Almonte is the best candidate for Rhode Island General Treasurer," said Chairman Matt Leonard. "Ernie's financial expertise and visionary management skills will create an environment of growth and optimism for the Rhode Island economy by creating jobs and boosting small businesses."
Long List of Supporters
North Kingstown's endorsement follows the recent demonstration of support from the International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) Local 57, and the support of the Rhode Island Troopers Association. North Kingstown joins a long list of supporters, including the Smithfield Democratic Town Committee, Scituate Democratic Town Committee, Senate Deputy Majority Leader Juan Pichardo, and respected education activist and community leader Victor Capellan.
"I want to thank the members of the North Kingstown committee not only for their endorsement, but for demonstrating confidence and a willingness to support my plans to move R. I. forward," said Almonte. "As the former Auditor General and current chairman of AICPA's National Financial Literacy Commission, my experience has prepared me to step into the Office of the Treasurer and start solving problems from day one."
Almonte is a graduate of Johnston High School and Bryant University, where he earned a bachelor's degree in business administration with a major in accounting, as well as a master's degree in taxation. In 2004, Almonte graduated from the Harvard University Kennedy School of Government. He currently serves as an adjunct professor at Brown University's Taubman Center for Public Policy.
Related Slideshow: RI Candidates with the Most Social Media Reach
- PowerPlayer: Democratic Gubernatorial Candidate Ernie Almonte
- Magaziner Announces for RI General Treasurer with YouTube Video
- NEW: Treasurer’s Office Says Fired Councilman’s Claims “Absolutely Untrue”
- NEW: Almonte to Run for Governor in 2014
- NEW: Frank Caprio Will Run For RI General Treasurer in 2014
- Official Statement: Governor, Treasurer, Plaintiffs Issue Joint Statement Regarding Pension Lawsuit
- Poll: Who Should be Rhode Island’s Next General Treasurer, VOTE NOW on GoLocalProv
- NEW: Governor and Treasurer Outline Pension Reform Proposal
- Providence Councilman Claims He Was Wrongfully Fired by Treasurer’s Office
- Arthur Schaper: What Would You Say To Them, Treasurer Raimondo?
- NEW: Governor and Treasurer Unveil Pension Reform
- Raimondo Donors’ Charity Gets Boost from Treasurer’s Office
- BREAKING: Tom Sgouros Drops out of Treasurers Race
- NEW: Johnston Democratic Committee Endorses Caprio For Treasurer
- Republican Kerry King to Launch Campaign for Treasurer
- Correctional Officers Union Endorses Caprio for Treasurer
- NEW: Roberts Elected Treasurer of National Lieutenant Governors Association
- Tea Party Lines Up Behind Treasurer Raimondo on Pension Reform
- EXCLUSIVE: Council Eyes James Lombardi for City Treasurer
- NEW: Treasurer Raimondo Opposes ‘Closed-Door Meetings’ Ahead of Pension Case
- General Treasurer Hires Law Firm to Handle Bonds
- NEW: Treasurer Raimondo Voices Support for Gay Marriage