NEW: Mollis Questions McKee’s 38 Studios Connections
Thursday, July 31, 2014
McKee has called for an independent investigation of 38 Studios in a letter.
See Mollis' statement below:
“McKee’s letter is nothing more than another politically motivated act by a desperate candidate whose campaign has done nothing but sling mud and talk about everything except why he wishes to be the next Lt. Governor.
First, as far as an independent investigation into 38 Studios is concerned, I have the utmost confidence in the R.I. State Police, Department of Attorney General, and the U.S. Attorney here in Rhode Island. To suggest that they can’t, or shouldn’t conduct this investigation, but instead hire another entity to do the same at taxpayers’ expense, is nothing more than a politically motivated insult that McKee should be embarrassed to suggest.
As Mayor Dan McKee criticizes everyone from law enforcement, to the Attorney General, to the Secretary of State, he needs to look to his own relationship with people at the center of the 38 Studios controversy."
38 Connections Questioned
Mollis cited the law firm Moses Afonso Ryan LTD regarding McKee's connections to 38 Studios:
"The law firm that advised the state that 38 Studios was a good deal and has now agreed to pay in excess of $4,000,000 as a settlement also:
-Contributed thousands of dollars in contributions from its PAC and members to Dan McKee’s campaign.
-Is the same firm Dan McKee hires to lobby at the State House on behalf of his Mayoral Academies.
-Is the same firm who rents office space to his Mayoral Academy’s administrative offices in Providence.
-Is the same firm whose former Partner is now McKee’s Director of Planning in Cumberland.
-Is the same firm that Dan McKee has retained to perform Bond Work and Zoning Work for the Town of Cumberland.
As far as the role of the Office of the Secretary of State is concerned, I will continue in my efforts to uncover any lobbying violations that may have occurred during the 38 Studios bond issuance. I will not let anyone’s political motivations interfere with the legal responsibilities designated to the Office of the Secretary of State. And I want to reiterate in response to Dan McKee’s call, that I have complete confidence in the R.I. State Police, R.I. Attorney General and the U.S. Attorney.”
- NEW: McKee Launches Online Petition for Investigation into 38 Studios
- McKee Criticizes Campaign Finance Laws for Creating “Uneven Playing Field”
- NEW: Mollis Reminds For-Profit Corporations to File Annual Reports
- PowerPlayer: Secretary of State Ralph Mollis
- PowerPlayer: Cumberland Mayor Dan McKee
- NEW: Mollis to Launch Mobile Voter ID Units Tuesday
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Mayor Dan McKee: Mayoral Academies Can Turn Rhode Island Around
- NEW: Mollis Announces 135 Rhode Islanders File to Run for Presidential Delegate
- 38 Studios: RI Financial Advisor’s Lawyer Gave Thousands in Political Donations to Elected Officials
- West Warwick Fix and 38 Studios Bond Payment?
- LISTEN: State Legal Fees for 38 Studios Near $1M
- NEW: Treasurer Candidate Almonte Calls on Legislature to Act on 38 Studios Now
- Protesters Oppose 38 Studios Bailout, Demand Accountability
- Chippendale Blasts Criminal Investigation of Corso and 38 Studios
- LISTEN: Chippendale Blasts Criminal Investigation of Corso and 38 Studios
- LISTEN: RI’s Consultant on 38 Studios Has Big Democratic Ties
- RI’s Consultant on 38 Studios Has Big Democratic Ties
- Rob Horowitz: Let’s Not Make the Bad 38 Studios Situation Even Worse
- NEW: Secretary of State Mollis Honors RI Businesswoman Cindy Butler
- Secretary of State A. Ralph Mollis and RIEDC Offer Help Sharpening Your Business Skills
- LIVE ELECTION UPDATE Mollis at Campaign HQ 3:28 PM
- LIVE ELECTION UPDATE Mollis Winning by Razor Thin Margin 11:45 PM
- NEW: Mollis Says Rick Santorum Will Remain on Primary Ballot
- NEW: NAACP, Mollis to Register Voters, Provide Free Voter IDs Saturday
- NEW: Mollis Releases Third Quarter Data on New Business Creation
- NEW: Mollis Lists Last-Minute Voting Options
- NEW: Chafee, Mollis Honor Heroes for Lifesaving Exploits
- NEW: Mollis Releases First Quarter Data for New Business Creation
- NEW: Mollis to Host ‘We Mean Business Expo’ Tomorrow in Warwick
- NEW: Mollis Reminds RI Non-Profits To File Annual Report By June
- NEW: Mollis Announces Launch of RI State Archives Online Catalog
- Sec. of State Mollis to Speak at Ocean State Small Business Expo
- Secretary of State Mollis Announces Important Deadline for Primary Voters
- RI HS Seniors Honored by Mollis at 2013 Civic Leadership Awards
- Does RI Have a Moral Obligation on 38 Studios?
- 38 Studios: Should the SEC Investigate?
- 38 Studios: Legislators Push to Sue Bond Ratings Agencies
- NEW: Mollis Warns RI Businesses of Direct Mail Scam
- NEW: Speaker Mattiello in Favor of Paying Back 38 Studios Bonds
- 38 Studios Legal Fees
- State Legal Fees for 38 Studios Near $1M
- NEW: Fung Demands Full Investigation of 38 Studios
- Bill to Stop 38 Studios Bond Repayment Gets Surprise Hearing
- Michael Riley: 38 Studios Insider Trade and Municipal Fraud
- NEW: Block Urges Voters to Watch How Legislators Vote on 38 Studios
- Clawback Suits Filed by 38 Studios Trustee
- LISTEN: Bill to Stop 38 Studios Bond Repayment Gets Surprise Hearing
- LISTEN 38 Studios: Should the SEC Investigate?
- BREAKING NEWS Taylor Concedes Race to Mollis
- Mollis Raises March 31 Business Filing Alert, Offers Web Help