NEW: McKee Launches Online Petition for Investigation into 38 Studios
Friday, July 25, 2014
The online petition is entitled “Get the Truth on 38 Studios” and is asking for 50 signatures.
“The citizens of Rhode Island are outraged that this loan was secretly engineered by unregistered lobbyists” stated McKee. “This online petition will allow Rhode Islanders to deliver a message to our elected officials that nothing less than a third-party, objective investigation by an independent counsel is the only way we ever learn the details of this catastrophic loan...a bad loan that will cost taxpayers more
The petition can be found at http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/findthetruthon38studios.
Related Slideshow: 38 Studios Legal Fees
New state records show that state legal fees associated with the 38 Studios bankruptcy are nearing $1 million. Below is a breakdown of how much each firm has made - and stands to make in the future. Figures are taken from documents provided by the Rhode Island Commerce Corporation.
Wistow & Barylick, Providence, RI
Attorneys: $175/hour, $225/hour & $250/hour
Contingency Fee: The RI Commerce Corporation agreed to pay Wistow & Barylick 16 2/3% of the gross of any amount recovered from a lawsuit, compromise, settlement or otherwise. This is not stipulated with the other law firms.
Note: Wistow & Barylick will only be paid at these rates if the state terminates its contract with the firm.
Wistow & Barylick's Fees:
Total Fees: $156,805.37
Note: The above amounts paid to Wistow & Barylick cover the cost of out-of-pocket expenses such as filing fees, costs of depositions, obtaining records, charges for computer-assisted legal research, costs of expert consultants, and the costs of witnesses.
- Chippendale Blasts Criminal Investigation of Corso and 38 Studios
- LISTEN: Chippendale Blasts Criminal Investigation of Corso and 38 Studios
- West Warwick Fix and 38 Studios Bond Payment?
- 38 Studios: RI Financial Advisor’s Lawyer Gave Thousands in Political Donations to Elected Officials
- LISTEN: State Legal Fees for 38 Studios Near $1M
- NEW: Speaker Mattiello in Favor of Paying Back 38 Studios Bonds
- 38 Studios Legal Fees
- State Legal Fees for 38 Studios Near $1M
- LISTEN 38 Studios: Should the SEC Investigate?
- Does RI Have a Moral Obligation on 38 Studios?
- NEW: Block Urges Voters to Watch How Legislators Vote on 38 Studios
- PowerPlayer: Cumberland Mayor Dan McKee
- Guest MINDSETTER™ Mayor Dan McKee: Mayoral Academies Can Turn Rhode Island Around
- RI’s Consultant on 38 Studios Has Big Democratic Ties
- NEW: Treasurer Candidate Almonte Calls on Legislature to Act on 38 Studios Now
- Protesters Oppose 38 Studios Bailout, Demand Accountability
- Clawback Suits Filed by 38 Studios Trustee
- LISTEN: Bill to Stop 38 Studios Bond Repayment Gets Surprise Hearing
- Bill to Stop 38 Studios Bond Repayment Gets Surprise Hearing
- NEW: Fung Demands Full Investigation of 38 Studios
- Michael Riley: 38 Studios Insider Trade and Municipal Fraud
- 38 Studios: Legislators Push to Sue Bond Ratings Agencies
- 38 Studios: Should the SEC Investigate?
- Rob Horowitz: Let’s Not Make the Bad 38 Studios Situation Even Worse
- Arthur Schaper: Game Over on 38 Studios
- Russ Moore: Ignore the Rating Agency’s 38 Studios Extortion
- LISTEN: RI’s Consultant on 38 Studios Has Big Democratic Ties