NEW: Ken Block Criticizes Raimondo’s Agenda
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
On Thursday, Republican candidate Ken Block issued a statement criticizing her plan.
Ken Block's Statement:
"Treasurer Raimondo's announcement of her Progressive agenda, which was immediately endorsed in full by Mayor Taveras, calls for a continuation, even an expansion of unsustainable tax-and-spend liberalism. It's full of old, expensive ideas and some new, expensive ideas, but no ideas that will help grow the jobs we need."
"With the two leading Democratic candidates lining up behind a plan so full of new spending programs that it could bankrupt the state, the race for Governor has come into clear focus: more taxes and more spending by Democrats, or my comprehensive plan to make Rhode Island attractive to new business by saving a billion dollars in wasteful spending and reforming the way government operates."
Related Slideshow: 10 Questions Raimondo Has to Answer When Running for Gov of RI
- NEW: Brown Poll Says Raimondo Leads Taveras in Democratic Primary
- Don Roach: Fung Gains Cranston GOP Endorsement as Block Falters
- Don Roach: Can We Believe Raimondo?
- LISTEN- State Pension Fund Pays $570,000 to Raimondo’s Former Firm
- NEW: Raimondo Failed to Comply with State Divestment Law
- NEW: Raimondo Addresses Supporters Following Pension Investigation
- RI State Report: Block v. Raimondo, RI Goes Green + Gun Violence
- 10 Questions Block Has to Answer When Running for Gov of RI
- 10 Questions Raimondo Has to Answer When Running for Gov of RI
- RI State Report: Big Bucks For Raimondo + Unionization Battle