NEW: Fung Questions Block on Campaign Finance Reporting
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
GoLocalProv reported in April that Fung called on Block to release his tax returns and provide transparency to voters through financial disclosure. Now the Fung campaign is questioning whether Block will have to amend his matching-funds report to reflect an additional $100,000 loan in the last quarter.
Sweeney Blasts Block
“How do you not know if you loaned yourself $100,000?” said Patrick Sweeney, Campaign Manager for Fung for Governor. “Remember, this is the same guy who was fined by the Rhode Island Board of Elections for illegally funneling thousands of dollars into his Moderate Party. Furthermore, Mr. Block is the only candidate for governor who has not released his tax returns and continues to dodge inquiries into their release.”
“Since he announced for Governor, Mayor Fung has been calling for more transparency and accountability in Rhode Island’s elected officials and those seeking office. We again are calling on Mr. Block to be open and transparent with the taxpayers and voters of Rhode Island and release his tax returns,” continued Sweeney.
“It has been over three months since the Providence Journal has requested Ken’s tax returns. What is Ken hiding? And why is he not properly reporting campaign loans to his campaign. I hope the Rhode Island Board of Elections is keeping a close eye on the Block campaign,” ended Sweeney.
- Arthur Schaper: I Would Vote For Fung
- Don Roach: Fung Team Must Recognize Block Campaign Growing Stronger
- Fung and Block Need to Know the Importance of Reagan’s 11th Commandment
- NEW: Fung Demands Full Investigation of 38 Studios
- Block Poll Shows 9 Point Lead Over Fung in RI GOP Primary
- NEW: Fung, Pell Report Q1 Fundraising Totals
- State Report: Fung’s Education Reform Plan + Big Grants for RI
- Mayor Allan Fung Challenges Governor Chafee on 38 Studios
- Fung Condemns Block for “Belittling” Violent Crime Victim
- Fung Reports Strongest Quarter to Date Raising $136,000
- Fung Vows to Seek Career, Technical Education Legislation Reform
- NEW: Block Blasts Fung on Cranston Share of State Aid
- Fung Opposed Flood Notification Bill as Insurance Lobbyist
- New: Fung Blasts General Assembly for Late Night Rush
- NEW: Fung Proposes Legislation to Prevent Lobbyists’ Loans to Lawmakers
- Block Blasts Fung Over Lying About Deepwater Wind Contributions
- Russell Moore: Block and Fung Have GOP Problems